ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the next big fish to catch in NJ?

Ronnie_B

All American
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2011
Now that Cliff is on board the Knight Train, who is the next great recruit from our great state that we will want to hook next?

Last edited:
I know the insiders have been saying Nova, but I have to think Patterson can be swayed to RU if our trajectory continues.

Get to play with a senior Ron/Myles/Caleb/Mathis, junior Paul, and sophomore Cliff with Jaden Jones already in the fold. Good Lord, our starting 5 could average 6’9. Who would’ve thought, back when Gil Biruta was our starting center at 6’8

Last edited:
I know the insiders have been saying Nova, but I have to think Patterson can be swayed to RU if our trajectory continues.

Get to play with a senior Ron/Myles/Caleb, junior Paul, and sophomore Cliff with Jaden Jones already in the fold. Good Lord, our starting 5 could average 6’9. Who would’ve thought, back when Gil Biruta was our starting center at 6’8
This is what Patterson said a couple weeks ago:

Rutgers: “It’s pretty much in my backyard. Ever since I was little, I’ve been going to their football and basketball games. Nowadays, you see that kids from New Jersey are deciding to stay home and attend Rutgers. It’s extremely appealing.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/03/18/trey-patterson-says-five-schools-working-hardest/

Get to play with a senior Ron/Myles/Caleb, junior Paul, and sophomore Cliff with Jaden Jones already in the fold. Good Lord, our starting 5 could average 6’9. Who would’ve thought, back when Gil Biruta was our starting center at 6’8
You are also forgetting Montez in that rotation

Patterson and Floyd are both good guesses.

Rashod Kent was more like 6'4 1/2" or 6'5". He was amazing and really strong.

This is true... I stood next to him a few times and could hardly believe it, he played like a Charles Barkley type. Loved Rashod - very powerful inside scorer and rebounder - Not so much on the free throw line, lol

Reactions: hiwater
I asked this yesterday and got no answer, how good is the kid Gak from Blair i believe?

Worry that he is too close to Rutgers, and may want to go elsewhere.

Staying ‘home’ for most kids doesn’t mean walking distance from your house while you’re in college. That’s understandably unappealing.

Reactions: shields
I really like Trey Patterson as a Rutgers target, he would be the next jersey guy to keep home. If RU can keep 1 guy in the top 50 from nj home per year that would be huge, nj usually has multiple. Example form the past would be Luther Mohamed. If you can get those type of guys to stay home that is how to change the program for the long term.

Reactions: soundcrib
I really like Trey Patterson as a Rutgers target, he would be the next jersey guy to keep home. If RU can keep 1 guy in the top 50 from nj home per year that would be huge, nj usually has multiple. Example form the past would be Luther Mohamed. If you can get those type of guys to stay home that is how to change the program for the long term.

yes every school in America would love to land a top 50 recruit each year

Reactions: RU23
Patterson and Floyd are both good guesses.

Rashod Kent was more like 6'4 1/2" or 6'5". He was amazing and really strong.
Rashod Kent was our Wes Unseld. One of my favorite Rutgers hoops memories is Rashod playing and winning versus the Troy Murphy-led Notre Dame team at the RAC. I hope I have this straight — it was a long time ago.

Hopefully Cliff has a relationship with Patterson? Floyd would be great for 2022

What happened to the two players from Rutgers prep that were highly ranked? I forget where they ended up and if they ended up taking anything yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT