ADVERTISEMENT

Who will get a bid

Racpack

Senior
Jan 21, 2012
125 - 11 guys earned a qualifier for their conference and didn’t qualify- 50/50 chance that Aguilar gets 1 of the 5 remaining bids

157 - only 2 guys earned a qualifier for their conference and didn’t qualify. Van Brill appears to have the best shot of anyone else in the Big Ten. There are 5 available remaining bids. He has about a 60% chance to qualify. Mike finished 7th in the BigTen and the conference had 6 spots.

197 - only 2 guys earned a qualifier for their conference and didn’t qualify. With 6 remaining bids Pagano has about a 90% chance to qualify.

Last edited:
125 - 11 guys earned a qualifier for their conference and didn’t qualify- 50/50 chance that Aguilar gets 1 of the 5 remaining bids

157 - only 2 guys earned a qualifier for their conference and didn’t qualify. Van Brill appears to have the best shot of anyone else in the Big Ten. There are 5 available remaining bids. He has about a 60% chance to qualify. Mike finished 7th in the BigTen and the conference had 6 spots.

197 - only 2 guys earned a qualifier for their conference and didn’t qualify. With 6 remaining bids Pagano has about a 90% chance to qualify.

I am doing this right now...Lol. Criteria for an at large(of course there are always some head scratchers).
The at-large selections will be made based on the following criteria: head-to-head competition; quality wins; coaches' ranking; results against common opponents; RPI; qualifying event placement; and winning percentage.

125-I have 9 wrestlers that earned a bid but did not qualify-So 5 spots up for grabs.
Penn wrestler will get the first one. So down to 4. Nic has wins against 5 wrestlers in the bracket(that is very good). 3 Bigten wrestlers earned a bid that will be battling it out for an at large-Nic, Cardani(who Nic split with but huge win at Tourn) and McKee.

Prediction-Nic grabs one of the Bids.

149-I looked just to see if Angelo had a chance-Do not see any way he can get a bid. Only 4 available and 4 guys lost that earned bids-Thomsen-North Iowa, Hoffmann-Lehigh, Thomas-Northwestern and Smith-Chattanooga all will get in,

Prediction-misses bid

157-Good news 5 available, Better news only 2 missed the tournament. Kaleb Young and Zac Carson-Ohio are in, leaves 3 spots. MVB-finishing Big tourn strong will help. This is going to be very close-Negatives-winning % and a quick look does not have many wins(if any) against wrestlers in the tournament.

Prediction-misses bid

197-Lock-Pagano will get a bid(unless RU withdraws him due to injury)

Reactions: RU23
I am doing this right now...Lol. Criteria for an at large(of course there are always some head scratchers).
The at-large selections will be made based on the following criteria: head-to-head competition; quality wins; coaches' ranking; results against common opponents; RPI; qualifying event placement; and winning percentage.

125-I have 9 wrestlers that earned a bid but did not qualify-So 5 spots up for grabs.
Penn wrestler will get the first one. So down to 4. Nic has wins against 5 wrestlers in the bracket(that is very good). 3 Bigten wrestlers earned a bid that will be battling it out for an at large-Nic, Cardani(who Nic split with but huge win at Tourn) and McKee.

Prediction-Nic grabs one of the Bids.

149-I looked just to see if Angelo had a chance-Do not see any way he can get a bid. Only 4 available and 4 guys lost that earned bids-Thomsen-North Iowa, Hoffmann-Lehigh, Thomas-Northwestern and Smith-Chattanooga all will get in,

Prediction-misses bid

157-Good news 5 available, Better news only 2 missed the tournament. Kaleb Young and Zac Carson-Ohio are in, leaves 3 spots. MVB-finishing Big tourn strong will help. This is going to be very close-Negatives-winning % and a quick look does not have many wins(if any) against wrestlers in the tournament.

Prediction-misses bid

197-Lock-Pagano will get a bid(unless RU withdraws him due to injury)
Thank you!

125 only 9 guys and I have Aguilar in along with Colaiocco Mckee Cardiani guitterez UTC (treaster navy could also get that spot probably determined by the new RPI)
197 Pagano will earn

Agree, Nick & Jordan should get at-large bids. I am hoping MVB gets it, too. A pin for 7th may have done it. With 6 BIG AQ spots, and MVB earning 7th, he’s checking off criteria, especially being in the best (BIG) conference, hands down. Hope it’s enough. We shall see.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: PSUPOWER
Agree, Nick & Jordan should get at-large bids. I am hoping MVB gets it, too. A pin for 7th may have done it. With 6 BIG AQ spots, and MVB earning 7th, he’s checking off criteria, especially being in the best (BIG) conference, hands down. Hope it’s enough. We shall see.

Go RU!
Diane
Earning 7th could help him against a few guys during comparisons.I haven't done 157 yet that will be the hardest weight and take the most time so it will be last.Will post my thoughts when I'm done.

Reactions: rondi
Earning 7th could help him against a few guys during comparisons.I haven't done 157 yet that will be the hardest weight and take the most time so it will be last.Will post my thoughts when I'm done.

You do any 157 research? Lol, So as I stated above 3 spots open as Young and Carson will get in. I have Klucher from Lock Haven as the next one in-based on last coaching ranking of 30 and RPI of 25 and he beat two guys that earned auto bids.
So that leaves 2 spots-3 guys I am looking at and they all finished 1 spot from bid in their conf tournament
Kropman-Drexel-30-RPI, not in coaches ranking Beat auto qualifier McCoy 11-9 record-win %55
Krueger-Wyoming-RPI-33, not in coaching rankings 18-15 record-win %54.5 no wins over auto qualifier
MVB-RU-not in RPI or Coaches ranking 17-18 record-win %48.5 has a win over auto qualifier Eishens.

I am probably missing 1 or 2 that should be looked at, but gonna be close

MVB actually has 3 wins over guys that made the NCAAs. Barone, Wright, and Eischens. Plus wins over Cleary and Jahi Jones that allocated. I am not saying he is in but his credentials are better than most except for Young.
Plus Carson got an AQ because they take six from the MAC so he is already in.
Just a hopeful Dad! Lol

You do any 157 research? Lol, So as I stated above 3 spots open as Young and Carson will get in. I have Klucher from Lock Haven as the next one in-based on last coaching ranking of 30 and RPI of 25 and he beat two guys that earned auto bids.
So that leaves 2 spots-3 guys I am looking at and they all finished 1 spot from bid in their conf tournament
Kropman-Drexel-30-RPI, not in coaches ranking Beat auto qualifier McCoy 11-9 record-win %55
Krueger-Wyoming-RPI-33, not in coaching rankings 18-15 record-win %54.5 no wins over auto qualifier
MVB-RU-not in RPI or Coaches ranking 17-18 record-win %48.5 has a win over auto qualifier Eishens.

I am probably missing 1 or 2 that should be looked at, but gonna be close
Not yet probably tomorrow sometime on 157.That weight will take sometime.Was gonna do that last

MVB actually has 3 wins over guys that made the NCAAs. Barone, Wright, and Eischens. Plus wins over Cleary and Jahi Jones that allocated. I am not saying he is in but his credentials are better than most except for Young.
Just a hopeful Dad! Lol
Carson lost the true 6th match to Carida Bloomsburg.So Carson needs a at large

Just a hopeful Dad! Lol

Yes, I am hoping as well...it will be very close. Cleary and Jones were not one of the 5 that allocated for the Big(Young, Lewan, Tucker, Robb, Deakin and Coleman). I did not include Cleary and Jones in my write up because I dont think they will or should qualify over MVB.
I think he is right there for the final 2 spots...Good luck, I am sure gonna be a stressful 24 hours!!

We’re hoping...that pin sealed it for me! Way to go, Mikey. That’s how you prove it...win BIG! Gave it his all. Proud of him.

:Fist: :FistBump: :TwoHands: :Pray: :Praying:

Go RU!
Diane

Thank you! Definitely wrestled hard and that’s all you am an ask.
ScarletGrapfan is right. After more research my best guess is Young, Carson, Klucker, MVB and Kropman.
I did check out Krueger but he had no wins over anyone that qualified.
Hoping for the best.

ScarletGrapfan is right. After more research my best guess is Young, Carson, Klucker, MVB and Kropman.
Hoping for the best.

That sounds good to me.

Hoping for the best.

I really hope he makes it.I think the 7th place pin might have just sealed the deal.

Reactions: PSUPOWER
Hoping for the best.
Today is the day 3pm.I have him in

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Other then number 1 ranked Deakin who is on a complete different level MVB gave every ranked kid above him a real battle and never gave up ..he stepped up his game in the end and reversed a couple of those losses in the tourney and he got rewarded for it ..way to go Mikey

Anthony went out there before the Big Tens at their request to work with Deakin and Seabass

Reactions: rondi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT