ADVERTISEMENT

Who would YOU want to play?

BeantownKnight

All Conference
Feb 14, 2008
After the East and West divisions are eventually dissolved (as it's been raised) which team or teams would YOU want to play every year, or other year? Let's say 5-10 times a decade. I'd like to leave PSU and Maryland out of this as most here want these games to continue and develop a natural, regionally-based rivalry.

I'd go with Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, and Nebraska because I see us a bit more competitive in those games than in most other East division games (i.e. OSU, Michigan, MSU, etc.). And, I'd say I'd want to play those teams at least 5-7 times a decade (at least). Right now, I don't think playing the other programs benefits us all too much. And, yes - that can/will change, too.

So, what do you think?

After the East and West divisions are eventually dissolved (as it's been raised) which team or teams would YOU want to play every year, or other year? Let's say 5-10 times a decade. I'd like to leave PSU and Maryland out of this as most here want these games to continue and develop a natural, regionally-based rivalry.

I'd go with Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, and Nebraska because I see us a bit more competitive in those games than in most other East division games (i.e. OSU, Michigan, MSU, etc.). And, I'd say I'd want to play those teams at least 5-7 times a decade (at least). Right now, I don't think playing the other programs benefits us all too much. And, yes - that can/will change, too.

So, what do you think?

Did you intentionally leave out Wisconsin because they are more active and successful recruiting New Jersey than those other schools?

Reactions: BeantownKnight

So, what do you think?
So, you kinda just want to be in the B1G west..,

Reactions: brgRC90 and fsg2

So, what do you think?
I think pretty much any Big 10 team would prefer to primarily play the current West... Take the Clemson approach and elevate your ranking to get more wins. Heck it's working out tremendously for Illinois this year. There's no way in the world they are actually a top 15 team but the schedule and conference allow it for now. You also have to account for USC and UCLA on the horizon.

Has the "zipper" plan been discussed?

No divisions, you play the other 15 schools over the present 9-game schedule with some dropping off and some being added so you get to play all over a shorter period of time.

YEAR 1:

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

YEAR 2:

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

YEAR 3:

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

YEAR 4:

2, 3, 4
, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

YEAR 5:

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Year 5 starts over but you switch the home/away

Not sure how the protected games fit into this idea.
Simple and straightforward.

You eventually do play everyone over 4 years.

I'd rather not play any teams every year because that's just a recipe for another dicking. Switch it up and maybe we'll catch a break sometimes.

Fair would be no every year opponent. It won't happen.
But getting rid of east/west is a plus for us.

ADVERTISEMENT