ADVERTISEMENT

Why Can't We Get the Ball Inbounds???

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
This is an area of the game that seems simple enough but we have so much trouble. It cost us an NCAA tournament game last year and it continues to plague us. I love Pike and what he's done with this program but for some reason he hasn't been able to run effective full court inbounds plays. One thing is on OOB plays we seem to go through the motions and don't make HARD cuts. We just look weak.
Also if this was my team and I had guys singing on the bench ( especially upper classmen) my head would explode. I hope Dean sang "Africa" well because if he did it was the only positive contribution that he's made in the past three weeks.

p.s - Caleb missed another key foul shot. That makes at least three times this year he's done this down the stretch in a game.

It's definitely a recurring theme that we don't know how to handle end of game situations in close games with the lead.

Penn State last year with the weirdest inbounds play I've ever seen

Mag fouling up 3 way too early at OSU

Tonight with not pressuring as they're rolling the ball in... More inbounds... Hyatt going backwards...

It's not just an execution thing. It just seems like it's something we don't work on/think about enough in practice.

I thought we did get the ball inbound every time.

There was a strip on Mulcahy that went off his arm, A foul on Spencer where he made 1 / missed 1, the turnover by Mulcahy when Hyatt was wide open but passed it back instead of dribbling up court and finally, the foul on McConnell where he made 1/ missed 1.

I thought we did get the ball inbound every time.

There was a strip on Mulcahy that went off his arm, A foul on Spencer where he made 1 / missed 1, the turnover by Mulcahy when Hyatt was wide open but passed it back instead of dribbling up court and finally, the foul on McConnell where he made 1/ missed 1.
You're right. To be more specific get the ball inbounds and up the court. Poorly worded on my part.

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
The inbounding was a challenge, but what you outlined was almost the worst case scenario while Minny hit shot after shot. Argh.

Because Paul doesn't know how to pass quickly.. he waits and waits for the perfect pass until theres no time left and then forces it to a bad position. He does it every game.

Reactions: goru7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT