ADVERTISEMENT

Why R we playing at the Garden again?

Love to know the thought process again.

We blow out MSU twice in a row at home and now are giving up our home court advantage?

After tonight we need this game at home.

Truly do not understand.
It is part of becoming an elite program.

They all do this and it is nice to get invited to the party.

I used 2012-2013 which is when the announcement was made. It’s on one of the Rutgers sites which also lists the prior $28 million you referenced for the prior year, so the $47 million should be accurate. https://nbfc.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/Athletics_Report_04_25.pdf

I have no idea where you got the thought that we’ve never run a deficit that high. I can link the article if you want (I prefer not to give the clicks), but our deficit was $73 million for 2020-2021, higher than UCLA’s.

You did try to move the goalposts and now you’re being disingenuous by denying it. You also left out the Big 12 and their new TV deal when saying these 2 schools needed the Big 10 in the same way Rutgers did, which again, is inaccurate.
Again Big 12 new deal is $31.6 mil. per school a lot less than Pac 12. Again not an option. Ok, I thought we were talking about non-Covid years as you dismissed my findings earlier by being Covid years. 2013-2014 was $36 mil. and it was reported by the Targum, you forgot our exit fee of $11 mil. was added into that $36. mil.. I really would like to continue this conversation, but I have to leave for the wrestling match. Good debate.

Last edited:
Again Big 12 new deal is $31.6 mil. per school a lot less than Pac 12. Ok I thought we were talking about non-Covid years as you dismissed my findings earlier by being Covid years. 2013-2014 was $36 mil. and it was reported by the Targum, you forgot our exit fee of $11 mil. was added into that. I really would like to continue this conversation, but I have to leave for the wrestling match. Good debate.
Enjoy the match

If it is home game, then it either the RAC or MSG. If it is an away game, it is either the opponent’s home court or MSG.

When we played Michigan a few years ago, it was their home game. So it was our advantage to play at MSG instead of Ann Arbor. That is why it makes a difference if it is home or away game.
but the fact is this game is what is of concern not that other stuff and we lose an edge--who cares about those other what ifs

• Haha
Reactions: fatsam98
ann arbor??? arent we playing MSU not Michigan
The point is that it evens out.

We have played conference games at MSG.

Some (like MSU this year) are our home game, and we lose a game at the RAC.

But then some (like Michigan in 2019) count as a road game... Michigan lost a home game, not us.

So some years it benefits us, some years it hurts us.

I like being invited to the party too but not being the piñata.
You do not think we can beat MSU?

Tell me what team this year we were a pinata. MSU was a close game most of the way and we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

It also helps make it a Quad 1 win.

Last edited:
If it is home game, then it either the RAC or MSG. If it is an away game, it is either the opponent’s home court or MSG.

When we played Michigan a few years ago, it was their home game. So it was our advantage to play at MSG instead of Ann Arbor. That is why it makes a difference if it is home or away game.
And we still had 10 conference home games at the RAC. Why can’t these clowns grasp this?

Bottom line let the league play out like normal. Not such a difficult concept. Don’t give away home games. We are playing MSU who we are fighting for a bid and seeding. They get a home game and a neutral site game against RU! Don’t force RU to play at MSG. Why can’t the clowns recognize it hurts us? Why can’t the clowns grasp this?

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
You do not think we can beat MSU?

Tell me what team this year we were a pinata. MSU was a close game most of the way and we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

It also helps make it a Quad 1 win.
Play it at the RAC? Easy concept! Too difficult to comprehend?

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine

But then some (like Michigan in 2019) count as a road game... Michigan lost a home game, not us.

Shouldn’t ever happen either way. No other team or venue does this crap. That’s the issue. Why is that so hard to comprehend???

Lol! We are giving away a game at the RAC. No other school does it. We destroy MSU at home two years in a row and all of a sudden after schedule is done we now have to play MSU at the Garden?

Still waiting…..
WHEN WE PLAYED MICHIGAN AT MSG IT WAS MICHIGAN'S HOME GAME......

How have we been screwed 3x?

WHAT DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND......

Why are you so afraid of big time basketball and showcasing our talent. It is coming. When we get better we will play in preseason tournaments. Probably not at the RAC.

If we did not get screwed at OSU we would be 3-1 on the road in BIG.

Last edited:
Wisc? MSU?

No other school has to go through this crap?

Wisc won at Kohl and then beat us at the Garden. Ssssssh!

MSU getting sane chance…. Sssh!

Joke!

Why is that so hard to comprehend?
You have very low expectations of our program if you are afraid of moving one game away to showcase our basketball program. We need to own New York.

IMHO this gives us another Quad 1 opportunity. At home it is a Quad 2.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Wisc? MSU?

No other school has to go through this crap?

Wisc won at Kohl and then beat us at the Garden. Ssssssh!

MSU getting same chance…. Sssh!

Joke!

Why is that so hard to comprehend?
clown-juggling-balancing-on-unicycle-isolated-on-white.jpg

Bottom line let the league play out like normal. Not such a difficult concept. Don’t give away home games. We are playing MSU who we are fighting for a bid and seeding. They get a home game and a neutral site game against RU! Don’t force RU to play at MSG. Why can’t the clowns recognize it hurts us? Why can’t the clowns grasp this?
Put your big boy pants on and show up at MSG. So much whining.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights

I have no idea why people don't understand this. The net is a significant advantage for us, i.e., having an even number of "away" games and "home" games at MSG, which will all be quasi-home games, given RU being good and packing the Garden. It's hugely better to have an away game at MSG and it's a bit worse having a home game at MSG, but overall, it's a net benefit, game-wise and a great benefit exposure-wise. Would like to see this done every year.

I have no idea why people don't understand this. The net is a significant advantage for us, i.e., having an even number of "away" games and "home" games at MSG, which will all be quasi-home games, given RU being good and packing the Garden. It's hugely better to have an away game at MSG and it's a bit worse having a home game at MSG, but overall, it's a net benefit, game-wise and a great benefit exposure-wise. Would like to see this done every year.
Exactly

WHEN WE PLAYED MICHIGAN AT MSG IT WAS MICHIGAN'S HOME GAME......

How have we been screwed 3x?

WHAT DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND......

Why are you so afraid of big time basketball and showcasing our talent. It is coming. When we get better we will play in preseason tournaments. Probably not at the RAC.

If we did not get screwed at OSU we would be 3-1 on the road in BIG.

Game against Michigan at the garden was an awesome experience. FFS… it’s the Garden. The most famous arena in the world, where every bball great ever has played. Guys are acting like this is playing football in Yankee stadium…

I'd like us to play a non-conference game early at MSG (St.Johns maybe) when we are going to play a conference game there later in the season. It is not a DeFacto home game if our players are as unfamiliar with the site lines as whatever Big Ten team they are facing. Yes, even though we will have an advantage in fans.

ADVERTISEMENT