ADVERTISEMENT

Will Hopkins become a member of the CIC?

There was talk... on this board only.

That's not true. When Hopkins announced their lacrosse affiliation with the Big Ten, their University stated that they intended to pursue membership in the CIC. The Big Ten member schools conveyed that they would consider that request. There has been nothing published that I have seen concerning any further movement from either side, but all sides acknowledged that it was something JHU wanted and something the Big Ten member schools were going to consider.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...13/misc_non_event/BigTenLacrosseFactSheet.pdf

If I remember correctly there may have been reasons on the JHU side that may created disadvantages to joining the CIC. Keep in mind that Hopkins is an elite research institution. They may have had other commitments that kept them from joining. Certainly from the Big Ten viewpoint they would be a desired member in the CIC. The fact that it hasn't happened is telling.

That's not true. When Hopkins announced their lacrosse affiliation with the Big Ten, their University stated that they intended to pursue membership in the CIC. The Big Ten member schools conveyed that they would consider that request. There has been nothing published that I have seen concerning any further movement from either side, but all sides acknowledged that it was something JHU wanted and something the Big Ten member schools were going to consider.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...13/misc_non_event/BigTenLacrosseFactSheet.pdf

Thank you, I was going by what was said when the Men's team joined. Nice to know that they want to join now that teh Women's team is joining the Big Ten as well. Those are their only two D1 sports teams, the rest play Division 3.

JHU is an elite medical research school, so getting them into the CIC would be huge for Rutgers and the rest of the Big Ten.

Thanks for the info. I hope they become part of the CIC , it would be a great addition. I wonder why they have not joined yet.

ADVERTISEMENT