ADVERTISEMENT

Will people be able to use the yellow and blue lots?

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Stunned no one has asked this yet. Assuming there is about 4-5 inches on the grass lots yellow and blue, what happens if the snow doesnt melt..and im assuming not all of it will be able to melt...at best there will be lakes of mud

Also what about snow in the stadium..are they working on removing it

Reactions: jerseylion109
Stunned no one has asked this yet. Assuming there is about 4-5 inches on the grass lots yellow and blue, what happens if the snow doesnt melt..and im assuming not all of it will be able to melt...at best there will be lakes of mud

Also what about snow in the stadium..are they working on removing it
They got lots at the RAC to do first...but those are really great questions for those going.

Anecdotally, the yellow lot was as muddy last week as I've ever seen it (at least, the front end). I can't imagine what it's going to look like on Saturday.

Fortuitously, the wife and I have a wedding to attend and some (presumably) nice Penn State fan was good enough to StubHub me 300 bucks for my 2 seats and yellow lot pass.

Reactions: TM514 and T2Kplus10
Mid 40s and rain tomorrow so hopefully most melts. Probably going to be messy though.

Last edited:
Penn st. White out 2 days early. PR dept. should just tell the tv folks all the white in stadium is just leftover snow not removed lol.

Reactions: KingHigh
I cancelled my tailgate partly because of the weather. Hard pass walking in mud for 3 hours.

Reactions: RUsSKii
Will it be a mess? Snow? Mud?

I think the storm will adversely affect the attendance even more so than our record.

Bring mud boots.
I've been covered in mud in them lots trying to get out pushing cars
Good luck!!!

Just from eyeballin out my window. ..its going to have to get mighty warm for this to melt..hope Rutgers prepares for this and informs the fans

Mud and Snow mess of Muck.
misc-off-roading-four-wheel-drive-jeep-driving-through-the-snow-and-mud-and-slush-in-the-mountains.jpg

Reactions: Knightmoves
They should close any and all grass lots. It will piss people off who bought passes for those lots but it will save headaches later on.

any backup and fiasco will effect getting into any of the paved lots and created major backup situations. I would expect RU to have a mass emailing by 2 PM today to clarify how they are going to handle this

I don't know, we will have to get to the Blue Lot and hook up with our "guy" to see what he has got for sale. Oops, rereading your heading you were talking about the condition of the "grass lots," I glossed over the word "lots," sorry, my bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abro1975
What will the grass lots be like tomorrow?
Mostly empty.

On the bright side next year the remaining fans will have a much easier time moving to the Yellow & Blue lots as demand tanks.

On the bright side next year the remaining fans will have a much easier time moving to the Yellow & Blue lots as demand tanks.

I'm hearing that Yellow lot minimum points will be kept artificially high, because "riff raff".

Grass lots will not be needed, not enough people going. As people arrive they will be given scarlet passes for free.

wait..you think RU is going to be pro active?

Even if they were pro-active, there are probably a lot of people who bought parking passes on StubHub. There is no easy way for Rutgers to reach them directly.

Also, what would Rutgers say in the email ... other than the grass lots will be snowy. It is not like there are other paved lots where they can be diverted.

Really, what are their options?

here we go with the panic attacks --watch walking into the RAC tonight you may slip on a puddle that RU hasn't wet vac'ed

Something is going on. They won't let you pre-buy the RAC parking pass. I am assuming that it will be a s*** Show tomorrow.

Reactions: BlockR
Even if they were pro-active, there are probably a lot of people who bought parking passes on StubHub. There is no easy way for Rutgers to reach them directly.

Also, what would Rutgers say in the email ... other than the grass lots will be snowy. It is not like there are other paved lots where they can be diverted.

Really, what are their options?

they will likely have to park at the RAC and then be shuttled.

Will Syracuse and Notre Dame be able to use Yankee Stadium? I don't think the Bronx got as much snow as NJ, but that field is already garbage to begin with.

my group is still leaning towards tailgating in the green lot..... pretty much have to figure that you wear footwear that you know will get wet/dirty.

if we received 5-7 inches of snow, that translates into,what, about a half inch of rain..... many here would not let a half inch of rain the day before, stop their tailgate....if there is standing snow where we park, I would hopefully just shove an area clear

could be ok, could be a disaster..... I will find out.

Reactions: RU Mike73
any backup and fiasco will effect getting into any of the paved lots and created major backup situations. I would expect RU to have a mass emailing by 2 PM today to clarify how they are going to handle this

Has RU ever sent a mass email like this before just before game day? Who would approve such a mailing?

Given the recent snow and early start, what kind of crowd do you think we’ll get?

With the exception of Scarlet and Purple lots that are paved can you imagine if they direct most parking passes to the RAC?

ADVERTISEMENT