ADVERTISEMENT

Will people be able to use the yellow and blue lots?

the rearranging of parking availability tomorrow will be worse then McNulty's passing offense vs Maryland..

Hi.

Cool your jets, you're starting to look stupid.

There's no shortage of people willing to pay to park in the premium lots. This is why "priority points" exist. If there's no actual problem, why spend millions of dollars on a solution?

Also, it's "you're" - and you neglected to mention what it is you think I'm wrong about.
"You Are" ridiculous if my phone does not automatically give me the correct grammatical solution I "Do Not" go back and correct it.....because in this day and age there is ZERO reason for 2 gigantic grass lots that require a ton of maintenance to maintain when you can have actual parking lots to improve game day experience that is why......which goes back to what I said Rutgers has commited at least $7 billiion in buiilding over like the next 7-10 yrs do you really think parking lots are going to break the bank get a clue Sunshine

"You Are" ridiculous if my phone does not automatically give me the correct grammatical solution I "Do Not" go back and correct it.....because in this day and age there is ZERO reason for 2 gigantic grass lots that require a ton of maintenance to maintain when you can have actual parking lots to improve game day experience that is why......which goes back to what I said Rutgers has commited at least $7 billiion in buiilding over like the next 7-10 yrs do you really think parking lots are going to break the bank get a clue Sunshine

Aren’t the yellow and blue grass lots used for intramural sports and club activities throughout the year? If so then paving them over so that fans can tailgate there during wet weather once or twice a season doesn’t seem to make sense.

A parking deck would make more sense imo.

Looks like a balmy 38F and 10mph winds in Piscataway at 9AM this morning for breakfast tailgating before the game. I salute the RU fans who show up for this one. You are the fans that Rutgers likes to have in its pocket, ha!

Hope that our Seniors get the applause they have earned from our fans.

Last edited:

What "ton of maintenance" are you talking about? They don't do anything to those lots. I'm starting to think you don't go to football games.

And whatever the RU infrastructure build looks like is irrelevant. Athletics funding is mandated to be divested from university funding by the time the full B1G share kicks in. The university isn't going to spend Dime One on parking lots for football.

Nor should they. It doesn't take a great deal of intelligence or common sense to be able to envision the NJ.com / Star Ledger headlines that would erupt over spending millions of dollars for two massive parking lots that get used half a dozen times a year.

Sorry to burst your bubble... "Sunshine".

when you can have actual parking lots to improve game day experience

I disagree that paved parking lots improve the game day experience. I qualify for Scarlet parking (paved lot) but opt for Green parking (grass lot) because I prefer to tailgate in a grass lot. We got Scarlet once, due to an error by the Athletic Dept, and hated it. On hot days, the macadam radiated too much heat. On the other hand, in the past decade, I can think of maybe 3 times that the grass lot was too muddy. It is the large grass lots near the stadium that help make Rutgers tailgating a unique experience.

I disagree that paved parking lots improve the game day experience. I qualify for Scarlet parking (paved lot) but opt for Green parking (grass lot) because I prefer to tailgate in a grass lot. We got Scarlet once, due to an error by the Athletic Dept, and hated it. On hot days, the macadam radiated too much heat. On the other hand, in the past decade, I can think of maybe 3 times that the grass lot was too muddy. It is the large grass lots near the stadium that help make Rutgers tailgating a unique experience.

The reality of the Scarlet lot (we were there for about 15 years) is that when it's crowded, it's too tight. The grass lots tend to have more separation between cars, makes for better tailgating.

The reality of the Scarlet lot (we were there for about 15 years) is that when it's crowded, it's too tight. The grass lots tend to have more separation between cars, makes for better tailgating.

Recently, in the Green Lot, they've been crowding cars in too tightly, too. The parking attendants don't seem to understand that if you show up 4 hours before kickoff, you want room to tailgate.

What Yellow and Blue really need is some effort to replant grass in the spring. Some aeration, maybe some soil replacement, reseeding and fertilizing would go a long way to mitigating the mud.
If only Rutgers had a world-class turfgrass science department that could lend expertise and equipment...oh, right.

Reactions: rondi and OJRutgers
I'm glad to be sitting this one out. As a regular tailgater in the Biomed lots, the amount of interlopers would be a pain in the ass. And the University always stages the bus shuttles (when used) right next to the greenhouse & test farm where we usually set up. I hope next year is better.

If they reduced the number of passes to yellow and blue and built in paved lots with wide grass and trees dividers.. that could look nice and be useful. But as RU4Real points out.. that introduces something to maintain. Perhaps if the visitors center or surrounding areas hosted more events it might make more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT