ADVERTISEMENT

Will RU be Top 20 Preseason 20/21?

I honestly couldn’t care less. In fact, I’d prefer to start the season with a chip on our shoulder rather than a target on our back.

We need to get Cliff as battle ready as possible during the non-conference slate, particularly in not being a turnover in the post. The B1G next year is going to be every bit the meat grinder it was this year. Good fortune is not guaranteed.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't care if we are pre-season 21 or 35. I would much rather be the hunter, and picking our way up to the top 20 during the season. Keep the kids hungry.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I honestly couldn’t care less. In fact, I’d prefer to start the season with a chip on our shoulder rather than a target on our back.

We need to get Cliff as battle ready as possible during the non-conference slate, particularly in not being a turnover in the post. The B1G next year is going to be every bit the meat grinder it was this year. Good fortune is not guaranteed.

Actually, getting your season yanked from you minutes before tip off (regardless of the reason), to me, puts this team on a mission to PROVE last year wasn’t a FLUKE!

Pike will keep them grounded!

Looks like I may have to re-title this thread as Top 10, lol. I’m actually surprised anybody picked us as top 15 BEFORE getting Cliff. But hey, it’s all good.

Actually, getting your season yanked from you minutes before tip off (regardless of the reason), to me, puts this team on a mission to PROVE last year wasn’t a FLUKE!

Pike will keep them grounded!

I’m sure. But there’s a fine line between 12-8 and 8-12 in the B1G.

It does help to have that preseason ranking. We had to climb in to the Top 25 and dropped quickly. Other BIG teams stayed in there longer because they started up there. It matters more where we finish but it’s nice to start high and stay up there.

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT