ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Committee judge this as a W?

Zak57

All American
Jul 5, 2011
I know I'm really jumping the gun here and hope we're in the picture for Madness when time comes in March. How will the committee view this game? I know we can't answer for them but if we're on the bubble will that push us up? Will our seeding be worse than it could have been because of it? A road W against a good team like OSU is gold and with the refs handing us a L I hope someone is in their ear when time comes that this wasn't your regular buzzer beater loss.

• Haha
Reactions: FastMJ
No. Nope. Not. Nada. Nicht. Nil. Nopa dopa dope dope. Uh-uh.
I disagree. In fact, I think the committee will not only give us credit for that W, but I think they'll give us credit for W's over Temple and Miami, due to the injuries we had, so we can consider ourselves unbeaten to this point and well on our way to a 4-seed or better.

Win the ooc and split the big and you’re in this year. Went our way last year against Purdue. These crazy things tend to even out. Just need to take care of business.

Reactions: bac2therac
I don't think it'll matter much, but I do think it could be a tiebreaker if we're essentially tied in the eyes of the committe with some other team on the bubble. The committee obviously will know how that game was stolen from RU and I think would give us the nod if there's a tie situation. Same thing if we're tied for the last 10 seed for example with some other team - I think this "loss" would get us the nod. But I don't think it gets us in over some team that they think is slightly better than us without factoring in the OSU game.

it won’t physically count, nothing tangible. BUT the media attention it’s getting will no doubt be noticed by them and psychologically it may help

The committee will forget about it by tonight . They aren’t remembering this 3 months from now
Disagree and since you are a PSU fan and on ignore not sure why I can even see this maybe because you replied to me .. but wrong, same reason Alabama loses and drops 2 spots and someone else loses and drops 6 spots .. because psychologically the voters see “Alabama” and think they must be good. Committee if we’re on the bubble and say 19-10 or something will see “Rutgers” and think “oh yea they got screwed by the refs” because it was such a big occurrence and has gotten everyone out on Twitter with an opinion on it

Disagree and since you are a PSU fan and on ignore not sure why I can even see this maybe because you replied to me .. but wrong, same reason Alabama loses and drops 2 spots and someone else loses and drops 6 spots .. because psychologically the voters see “Alabama” and think they must be good. Committee if we’re on the bubble and say 19-10 or something will see “Rutgers” and think “oh yea they got screwed by the refs” because it was such a big occurrence and has gotten everyone out on Twitter with an opinion on it
Psu fan??? You got the wrong poster

It will be a one point Q1 loss on the road against a very good team.
Circumstances will be long forgotten in the grand scheme of the season.

I don't think it'll matter much, but I do think it could be a tiebreaker if we're essentially tied in the eyes of the committe with some other team on the bubble. The committee obviously will know how that game was stolen from RU and I think would give us the nod if there's a tie situation. Same thing if we're tied for the last 10 seed for example with some other team - I think this "loss" would get us the nod. But I don't think it gets us in over some team that they think is slightly better than us without factoring in the OSU game.

No

The injuries that RU had during the prior 2 losses to Temple and Miami will be considered though

By the end of the season there are thousands games played and this will be forgotten

No

The injuries that RU had during the prior 2 losses to Temple and Miami will be considered though
No, based on the extensive data set we have on games like this for teams ending up on the bubble, i.e., zero? Your confidence is overdone here. You may be right, but maybe not.

No, based on the extensive data set we have on games like this for teams ending up on the bubble, i.e., zero? Your confidence is overdone here. You may be right, but maybe not.

Its a loss..they wont get in the weeds. There will be other controversies this year

The close loss is baked in as RU remained the same in the NET still ahead of Ohio State

Its a loss..they wont get in the weeds. There will be other controversies this year

The close loss is baked in as RU remained the same in the NET still ahead of Ohio State
the ncaa mind reader has spoken

Being on one of the ESPN channels rather than BTN also probably got more national attention. Did the nightly recaps on ESPN feature this travesty? The morning after recaps?

Only way would be if we were in contention for the BIG title and lost by a game. The story would probably get national attention again late season in that unlikely scenerio.

Win the ooc and split the big and you’re in this year. Went our way last year against Purdue. These crazy things tend to even out. Just need to take care of business.
I don’t get this, “it will even out.” The chances of this evening out are extremely small.

For this to even out for Rutgers, we will have to get a couple of end game calls this year to win a quad 1 B1G road game that we would have lost without the calls. I would absolutely not bet on that happening.

Now let’s beat the living crap out of the smurfs from South Orange Community College.

Do all the people who are saying “no“ so emphatically have actual knowledge, or are they just speculating? I don’t know the answer. But I do know that when it comes to the last couple of spots, there are very fine distinctions being drawn among the candidates. I also know at the very end the committee members are going through the teams’ resumes with a fine tooth comb, and that injuries at different points of the season are discussed. So unless someone has real knowledge otherwise, I would not cavalierly reject the proposition that the circumstances of that game will not be considered if it is a close call at the end.

Reactions: BillyC80
its a no

Injuries can be considered and are at times.

circumstances of a game are not

Rutgers will either have the resume or they will not, straddling the last team in line means they have warts that the committee can point to. One game does not change anything. RU lost the game by 1...losing didnt hurt all that much and RU's NET numbers improved, yes a win is always better but this loss did nothing to damage the resume

Reactions: Classof93CS
ADVERTISEMENT