ADVERTISEMENT

Will you buy a National Championship Ring when Rutgers wins it all??

In theory, if we ever reached that promised land, all of us would have contributed in some way. So we should just receive rings, not buy them. Maybe that is Al’s hidden NIL message. Maybe I’m thinking way too much about this post.

I got to try one on today. One of my patients came in dressed in Clemson with a huge ring on each hand. When I started talking to him he told me he played on the National Championship team in 1981. On one hand was the NC ring. On the other was the Orange Bowl ring, because this was back when the NC game alternated every year, so he actually got 2 rings for one game. I, of course, asked if I could try them on.

I'm definitely buying a NC ring if we get one in my lifetime.

• Love
Reactions: rutgersal
I'll just buy one off Pawn Stars with Al's name on it. He'll buy like 10.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rutgersal
No, but I will be able to finally die in peace, knowing all my fall Saturday angst/anger didn't go to waste.

Reactions: RUforester72
No, but will buy something that’s more appropriate to celebrate it. Always feel that a ring is more earned than bought.

Reactions: mildone
I got to try one on today. One of my patients came in dressed in Clemson with a huge ring on each hand. When I started talking to him he told me he played on the National Championship team in 1981. On one hand was the NC ring. On the other was the Orange Bowl ring, because this was back when the NC game alternated every year, so he actually got 2 rings for one game. I, of course, asked if I could try them on.

I'm definitely buying a NC ring if we get one in my lifetime.

That was a nice opportunity for you and I’m glad you took advantage if it.

One small correction to his/the account is that there was no NC game yet in 1981. Clemson was voted #1.

That was a nice opportunity for you and I’m glad you took advantage if it.

One small correction to his/the account is that there was no NC game yet in 1981. Clemson was voted #1.
Yes, that was a time when they either hoped 1 vs. 2 would align in a given bowl or they could manipulate it somehow. I think PSU vs. Miami in the Fiesta in 1987 was one example of this.

Correction: Ga Tech and Colorado split the NC in 1991.

I'm not 12 anymore. Rings should only be for the players/coaches/staff. If you buy one of their rings later, so be it.
If you’re a supporter, such as contribute to The R Fund, contribute to NIL, or simply buy season tickets, you’re a stakeholder, so you get to buy a ring. If you don’t want to buy a ring, don’t buy a ring.

No, but will buy something that’s more appropriate to celebrate it. Always feel that a ring is more earned than bought.
Anyone who has supported the program through thick and thin, or in our case will have been thin than thick, has earned it, believe me. Through Temple 2002, WV 2006, all OSU games, and a myriad of Syracuse and Penn State games, so many other games that have tested our mettle.
But through it all, we’ve never lost faith, and kept on truck in’. Heck, we DESERVE a ring for our years of perseverance alone.

Nope, not because I don’t love Rutgers, but aside from wearing RU t shirts and yakking on this board about how much I heart greg schiano, I didn’t contribute anything to said championship.
I’ll enjoy it and hold my head high around my PSU and Pitt alum neighbors, but I think rings are for the folks who sacrificed blood sweat and tears for win

I’ll enjoy it and hold my head high around my PSU and Pitt alum neighbors, but I think rings are for the folks who sacrificed blood sweat and tears for win
Oh we win a National Title, I'm going to be the biggest d*ck ever to my friends who have rubbed it in for years now. I'm going to let them hear it every single chance I get, I've got decades of ribbing to give back. Now I'll probably be in a wheelchair or in a nursing home but I'll be sure to call whoever's still alive.

Zuck created Metaverse so Rutgers fans can get the championship ring we have been waiting for since 1869.

Which National Championship?
Div 2?

Since many say Rutgers is going give up on high-level football because of NIL and the such.

Which National Championship?
Div 2?

Since many say Rutgers is going give up on high-level football because of NIL and the such.
Whomever says that is a moron. Will never give up a Big Ten Payday. Very soon we’ll be receiving an amount approaching $100M in TV revenue alone.

Reactions: NickRU714
Not a chance. I'd rather respect the players and coaching staff as the only ones to get one and deserves one A fan getting a ring??

Reactions: newell138
If you’re a supporter, such as contribute to The R Fund, contribute to NIL, or simply buy season tickets, you’re a stakeholder, so you get to buy a ring. If you don’t want to buy a ring, don’t buy a ring.
Al, Will this be a new tradition started by Rutgers the day after that magical game? Because I have yet to hear any other school suggest this. Just think of the possibilities if 50% goes into the R fund.

We will have to agree to disagree. I am all of the above. However I would get laughed at / be embarrassed for anyone that wore a ring of a team I/they didn’t play or coach on.

Reactions: goru1869
Why would I get a ring if I’m not on the team?? Weird. My uncle has one from Georgetown 84 team but he was the AD at the time. My cousin has a World Series ring from the cardinals but he was a scout for the team. If you didn’t contribute you have no business wearing a ring

Did you buy a Giants, Mets or Yankees ring when they won?

Why would I get a ring if I’m not on the team?? Weird. My uncle has one from Georgetown 84 team but he was the AD at the time. My cousin has a World Series ring from the cardinals but he was a scout for the team. If you didn’t contribute you have no business wearing a ring

Did you buy a Giants, Mets or Yankees ring when they won?
He bought 3 Devil rings.

I don't even wear my HS class ring and never got a Rutgers class ring.

Since COVID and WFH everyday I barely wear my wedding ring.

Do people actually wear championship rings frequently?
I mean even players and coaches.
It's not like a watch. They are usually pretty gaudy and heavy.

Reactions: newell138
Two things… First, if we ever win a natty Mrs. Screw will have earned a ring. Second, the only ring Al needs is his class ring.

Reactions: RUScrew85
ADVERTISEMENT