ADVERTISEMENT

Willard to Pitt?

ouchmyknee

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
saw he is being considered. The only way that makes sense is if he senses sanctions are coming SHU’s way, right?

i dont see why he would consider that at all. Hes in a good place, has a nice incoming class(rhoden, nelson and Thompson from Cuse'). I think this is more their fan base/reporters tossing out names. He seems quite content and happy and i dont blame him.

Didn't his Dad coach at Pitt? Maybe that's the connection. I'm sure Pitt can pay him substantially more.

Saw a report that Danny Hurley was trying to decide between Pitt and UConn. Jamie Dixon was there for 14 seasons, so it is a stable program. Pittsburgh or South Orange?
TL

Pitt is a " no win" situation at least for 5 years. Willard and Hurley stay put.

Didn't his Dad coach at Pitt? Maybe that's the connection. I'm sure Pitt can pay him substantially more.
Winning in the ACC is far more difficult than in the Big East.Willard should stay at Seton Hall.

its a better job easily
I think down the line yes. Currently with 8 players with requested releases, not right now.

Pitt opens that wallet and pulls him in is something i could see. I think they go for bigger fish however.

The Pitt job might be the one Danny can write his own ticket and have them give him 7 years and the type of salary that would make it hard to turn down.
As bad as Pitt looks now , they need someone who could bring in the Recruit and has a good coaching reputation.
Also I wouldn't be surprised to hear of his dad being involved in some way with Pitt MBB in an effort to mine NJ HS talent if Danny goes to Pitt.

For some reason I don't think UConn will meet all of Danny's demands like Pitt would and that will be the reason he takes the Pitt offer, if he takes one at all.

It makes sense for Pitt to consider him. He is an alum, and he has also done a good job at SHU turning things around. You probably have to go back to PJ to find a SHU coach who has done as well. I'm not sure why many are dumping on the Pitt job. It is hard to win the ACC, but Pitt has good facilities and a track record of success. With the right coach, they can win. With that said, I don't think Pitt will be as patient for success as SHU was with Willard.

It makes sense for Pitt to consider him. He is an alum, and he has also done a good job at SHU turning things around. You probably have to go back to PJ to find a SHU coach who has done as well. I'm not sure why many are dumping on the Pitt job. It is hard to win the ACC, but Pitt has good facilities and a track record of success. With the right coach, they can win. With that said, I don't think Pitt will be as patient for success as SHU was with Willard.

Pitt is just a few years removed from the NCAA tourney yet people are treating them like they are Rutgers the past 30 years. Committment and support is clearly there even though they royally screwed up the last hire

Program is a train wreck-------ran Dixon out and replaced him with a terrible hire.

Arena is empty and they have given 8 players off this current team their release along with both incoming recruits.

Unless you're just willing to take the money and get your ass kicked for 3 years why take that job ?

Can't see Hurley doing that.

If the guy from St Bonnie wants it that's where I'd go.

My backup guy would be Joe Dooley from Florida Gulf Coast.

Jamie Dixon might consider it for 3x what he’s making now.

+1...He's either on their B list (after Hurley, etc.) or his agent floated his name to get a raise. I don't get why people think Pitt is a lousy job. Dixon had them in the NCAA every year and they are in the ACC. Why would KW take it? As you said he played there so there is that connection, and I can give you three million other reasons...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT