ADVERTISEMENT

Football Win-loss predictions for the season

6-4, with ninth game win and a bowl game win.
4-4 Regular season with wins over: MSU, Indiana, Illinois, and Purdue.
Schiano brings instant success.
I like the way you think. Ever the optimist, that is doable, but is it probable? We shall see. Also, think that Indiana will be a tough win. I would substitute Maryland for Indiana. Those four (MSU, MD, ILL and Purdue) are our best shot at wins.

People here are really underestimating how bad the players are and how little time schiano and staff have had with them.
We get 1 win and keep positive vibes on the recurring trail and we should be happy

Reactions: JRZEER
Hoping we play all nine games without problems. Team will get better as season progresses. $$$$

F*ck it. 11-0. National Champs. You read it here first.

Just our luck this will happen and than the haters will put an asterisk on our championship because we didn't have to play 15 games to win it.
Much like they did to us in 1869 just because there was only 1 other school competing.

Last edited:
It is going to be an interesting season. GS got screwed by not having a spring to put in his schemes but many P5 schools have struggled out of the gate. I am giving the team a mulligan this year and expect 1 win with 3 being the ceiling but who knows how other schools handle the Covid so maybe there is hope for more.

Rutgers returns 17 starters
9 offense, 8 defense

Game 1 @Michigan St.(7-6) Returns 10 starters
7 offense, 3 defense Last yr. 0-27
QB Rocky Lombardi -W
Game 2 Indiana(8-5) Returns 17 starters
8 offense, 9 defense Last yr. 0-35
#3 returning QB Michael Penix Jr. -L
Game 3 @Ohio St(13-1)- doesn't matter. Last yr. 21-56
#1 returning QB Justin Fields -L
Game 4 Illinois(6-7)- Returns 14 starters
9 offense, 5 defense Last yr. 10-38
QB Brandon Peters -W
Game 5 Michigan(9-4) Returns 11 starters
5 offense, 6 defense Last yr. 0-52
QB Dylan McCaffrey -L
Game 6 @Purdue(4-8) Returns 17 starters
9 offense, 8 defense 2017 14-12
QB Jack Plummer -W
Game 7 Penn St(11-2) Returns 14 starters
9 offense, 5 defense Last yr. 6-27
QB Sean Clifford -L
Game 8 @Maryland(3-9) Returns 11 starters
7 offense, 4 defense Last yr. 7-48
QB Josh Jackson -L

We see only 2 of the top 5 QBs in league. Penn St, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio St are losses. I can't see us beating Indiana or OSU with their QBs, and Michigan and Penn St always restock the talent. Penn St would be the best chance for an upset with how we played them defensively last year.

Michigan St., Illinois, Purdue and Maryland are winnable games. Michigan St 1st yr coach, only 10 starters return, Illinois Brandon Peters, we've defended him well 2017 Mich and 2019 Illinois, Maryland is not the same team when they beat us early in 2019, and Purdue- Ash and Jerry Kill beat them.

I hope we can find a standout QB early, there are WRs to throw to now, and get our O-Lines and D-Lines together quick. Back 7 on D, and RB rooms are experienced and talented, Kicking game solid. The wins are there on the schedule esp. the first against MSU. I'll be optimistic and go 3-5, 5th, and win consolation game over NW 4-5.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedScarlet
Just our luck this will happen and than the haters will put an asterisk on our championship because we didn't have to play 15 games to win it.
Much like they did to us in 1869 just because there was only 1 other school competing.
Or RU will be the only team to have 20 guys infected with the "Russian flu".

Season is approaching pretty quickly. Like most of you I'm not too optimistic about this season in terms of wins and losses, but am hoping to see some promise and some flashes of what's to come. I'll say we top out at one win, going 1-7 with our ceiling at three wins. Think Maryland and Purdue are going to be the most winnable. How do u guys feel?

I’ve said many times, wins and losses the next few years are irrelevant (not saying wins wouldn’t do wonders)
What’s important is us fanatics and opposing coaches to watch us play and say to themselves....”this team is gonna be good”
I said that after we beat Syracuse on that freezing day at Rutgers Stadium, and it still took a few years, but I knew things were changing.

3-6 in that prediction! Schiano and everyone else would sign for that right now . Let’s hope
I can 100% say that Greg would not sign for that right now. But would he be able to understand it and grow from it, sure...
People here are really underestimating how bad the players are and how little time schiano and staff have had with them.
We get 1 win and keep positive vibes on the recurring trail and we should be happy
I also think many people are underestimating just how bad our coaching was the last couple of years. I hear of good players even saying "holy crap. this is what a college team is supposed to do" With that, I do not feel we have the worst talent, far from the best and we do not have depth, but we have enough to win a few games...Hell, teams that are not even G5 find a away to beat P5 teams at times.

Reactions: Scarlett Fan
Rutgers’ 2020 football schedule
Oct. 24: at Michigan State>> upset Win 1-0
Oct. 31: vs. Indiana>> home cooking and Schiano fever->> Win 2-0
Nov. 7: at Ohio State >> just hope under 20 point loss loss>>-2-1
Nov. 14: vs. Illinois>> not to impressed with Lovie, even if he brought the Illi bowling last season
a RU Win->>3-1
Nov. 21: vs. Michigan>>> Harbaugh will try to run score up ( I'm from the era Texas and Oklahoma were favored by when in SWC/Big 8 over some teams and won by 60, so really don't think running up score is a big deal except to the losers) if he can , it's still a loss, but leaves a more bitter taste >>3-2
Nov. 28: at Purdue>>> ( boilermakers at home makes this their game>>> loss 3-3
Dec. 5: vs. Penn State >> no need to explain, just hate not to put an upset in > loss 3-4
Dec. 12: at Maryland , a loss ( if at RU Stadium I'd pick W but away game harder to choise that way) >> 3-5

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Rutgers returns 17 starters
9 offense, 8 defense
Solid effort.. well thought-out.. but returning 17 from a poor team and changing coaches completely... it is hard to judge what it is worth.. returning so many.

My first thought was that 3 wins would be good. GS has a lot of work to do.

I honestly do not think wins matter this year... but bad losses might.

We had a large number of those last time GS started here... as he trained his team to run his stuff and W/L be damned. That 80 point WVU game.. GS truly did not care how often they scored. Same for a numebr of games against "inferior talent".. where we could have out-athleted them.. but GS kept stunting and blitzing... just didn't care to change what he wanted to do to win any particular game.

But he has said it will be different this time... so, we shall see.

one last thing.. by bad losses I do not necessarily mean BIG losses. I don't care if we do not watch the scoreboard and don't try to waste time to keep things "close"... I'd rather see effort at executing what we will need to execute in closer games.

Last edited:
Solid effort.. well thought-out.. but returning 17 from a poor team and changing coaches completely... it is hard to judge what it is worth.. returning so many.

We had a large number of those last time GS started here... as he trained his team to run his stuff and W/L be damned. That 80 point WVU game.. GS truly did not care how often they scored. Same for a numebr of games against "inferior talent".. where we could have out-athleted them.. but GS kept stunting and blitzing... just didn't care to change what he wanted to do to win any particular game.

Similar reasoning should apply to Mich. State, and as others have noted, they may have the worst returning roster in the B1G, with a question mark for coaching. This is a team that lost to Illinois at home last year and barely beat Maryland 19-16. Yeah, RU sucked worse last year, but on paper, Michigan State may be battling for last place in the B1G East with two other unnamed teams.

I mentioned earlier that 3 wins would be good... but if we are competitive in the majority of games.. that is.. feasibly within reach halfway into the 3rd QTR.. that will be a good sign for the future. Based on past recruiting.. we may not be deep and injuries could really hurt us.. wear us down as the season goes on... even though it is short. And god only knows what academic progress will mean in 2020 and if we'll have academic casualties as well.

I can 100% say that Greg would not sign for that right now. But would he be able to understand it and grow from it, sure...

I also think many people are underestimating just how bad our coaching was the last couple of years. I hear of good players even saying "holy crap. this is what a college team is supposed to do" With that, I do not feel we have the worst talent, far from the best and we do not have depth, but we have enough to win a few games...Hell, teams that are not even G5 find a away to beat P5 teams at times.

would you sign for 3-6 ?

one last thing.. by bad losses I do not necessarily mean BIG losses. I don't care if we do not watch the scoreboard and don't try to waste time to keep things "close"... I'd rather see effort at executing what we will need to execute in closer games.

It's not that we don't have good returning talent at positions, RBs, LBs, on this team, we never had a complete offense or a complete defense to compete in any of the last 4 years. On defense, we've had and still have good LB play, top 6 all upperclassmen, but poor DL and limited DB depth. This year, DL have bodies but not sure on chemistry, DBs talent and depth are better. The back 7 should win us a couple of bottom half games. On offense, we've had and still have good RB talent and depth, poorly coached QB/OL/TE/WR with limited talent or depth, a few WRs did develop a little under Nunzio. This year, WRs might step up this season and there is some depth at TE, finally. QB and OL are complete mysteries but hopefully some chemistry and better coaching will win us some games against the bottom half. I don't know why some see @Indiana as a win, I think they compete for 2nd this year, QB Penix Jr., with UM and PSU.

Last edited:
My prediction is 1 win. It isn't that RU is a bad team, but it is a transition year and their schedule. There are no easy teams on the schedule. UMD is their best chance for a win.

ADVERTISEMENT