ADVERTISEMENT

With football players in quarantine, Vanderbilt considers using a women’s soccer player at kicker

Well I am not intimidated by women. But like others just sick of the forced nonsense. If Carly Loyd was out there I'd be jumping up and down cheering. Any woman that can compete at that level deserves the opportunity. But this one was a joke.

Did you see the tape of the kicking warmups for extra points? The kicks were from the 2yard snap spot. Not even 7 yards back at the 9/10 yard line. Then that kickoff that anyone on the team could have made...while running backwards away from the play. That's insulting to the game. It was a stunt.

My comment was not really about cheering on Fuller. I've experienced plenty of soccer and I generally know that Power 5 soccer players (male or female) are pretty much all special athletes (and all can kick the sh1t out of any kind of ball).

The comment was more towards the over-reaction of some denigrating her, or her abilities, or the fact that a female NCAA Scholarship Soccer player can't kick a ball or the "girl power" / virtue comments. The over-reaction seems curious to me as if some here feel threatened in some way.

Reactions: DC8690 and Greg2020
My comment was not really about cheering on Fuller. I've experienced plenty of soccer and I generally know that Power 5 soccer players (male or female) are pretty much all special athletes (and all can kick the sh1t out of any kind of ball).

The comment was more towards the over-reaction of some denigrating her, or her abilities, or the fact that a female NCAA Scholarship Soccer player can't kick a ball or the "girl power" / virtue comments. The over-reaction seems curious to me as if some here feel threatened in some way.

I agree with your thoughts. Then why not let her kick it? An athlete playing D1 soccer in the SEC has special skills. Let her show them off and not limit her in displaying her abilities. Was the Vandy staff worried about a big return already trailing 21-0? Like I said in a previous post if she boomed it into the end zone, which maybe she could have done, it would have been a much more meaningful event.
On top of the fact that she's named SEC Special Teams Co-Player of the Week makes the whole thing even more ludicrous. This means that the SEC equates her 30 yard pooch kick with a kid from Florida who returns a punt 50 yards for a touchdown.
Stop it!

Any truth to the rumor that Tennessee is starting a female soccer player at QB this week?

ADVERTISEMENT