Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
So another year begins.
Where are our Knights now?
Betnijah Laney - NY liberty
Erica Wheeler - Indiana Pacers
Arella Guirantes picked up by Seattle
Kahleah Copper Chicago Sky
Epiphanny Prince NY Liberty (if she makes the cut).

Check out Breanna Stewart's stat line for the Liberty, the Knicks should see if they could woo her over.
Kah had a good day for the Sky.

Enjoyed seeing all of our WNBA Knights in action this weekend. Arella just needs to continue seeing meaningful time to get adjusted to the strength and speed of the WNBA's starters. Her defense will improve on the perimeter. She looks more comfortable on the offensive end.

Nice to see Piph still ballin, and getting to do so in her own backyard. She definitely deserves it.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Kahleah-27pts-Chicago-😁
Wheeler--15pts-Indiana
I would like Betnijah to get traded so she will get more minutes. With Ionescu, Breanna Stewart, and Vandersloot her minutes IMO will be limited.

Last edited:
Kahleah-27pts-Chicago-😁
Wheeler--15pts-Indiana
I would like Betnijah to get traded so she will get more minutes. With Ionescu, Breanna Stewart, and Vandersloot her minutes IMO will be limited.
KAH-LEEAAHHH.....COPPER!! OMGoodness!!

Good to see Wheeler continuing to be steady.

Hopefully, it won't come to a trade situation for Betnijah, but I did fear what you mention above, the minute all those big names joined the team alongside the already featured Ionescu, forming the "super team". Too often in media coverage was Betnijah, not really included in the anticipated excitement for this season. I hope she doesn't get lost in the mix.

Today, for sure, it looked like the minutes and the sporadic attempts could well have affected Nijah's rhythm. The addition of M. Johannes takes some time from her and Ionescu, who also wasn't in a rhythm today.

Poor Jocelyn Willoughby.....if she is healthy, she can be a very good player in this league(similar to Betnijah, in terms of being underestimated/undervalued coming into the league),. Gets NO minutes.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
I almost forgot, even moreso than M Johannes, Kayla Thornton play the wing and is getting lots of minutes.

It's a deep team, at some point, they may need to move someone. If they are smart, it shouldn't be Benijah.

Also, I love Johannes' game. She and Paige B. look like twins at times, offensively.

6/9/23

For the Liberty with Ionescu, and Stewart chucking up a million shots a game Betnijah is really limited in her game. It's really a shame. Trade her to a team that really needs an experienced hard working scorer with major defensive skills.

Reactions: MADHAT1
6/9/23

For the Liberty with Ionescu, and Stewart chucking up a million shots a game Betnijah is really limited in her game. It's really a shame. Trade her to a team that really needs an experienced hard working scorer with major defensive skills.
Yeah, it is kinda tough to watch Betnijah being relegated to the role she was placed in when she first came in the league,...defensive stopper, last option on offense. The team is going to continue to win as currently operating, and that probably makes it easier for her to accept this new role.

I'm afraid of her being undervalued from such a limited role. I would hate to see her All-Star status affected but you know how too many people look at stats to determine who is and who isn't. She does so much that doesn't show up on a stat sheet and we know, she could fill it up offensively too, if given the opportunity.

It would be nice if the WNBA gets a new franchise or two (maybe one in Philly) and Betnijah could be a central player of one of those franchises. That's, if she's not satisfied with the current role in Brooklyn. They are going to be contenders for quite a while, it appears.

Whatever happens, ....her star is going to continue to shine. You can just sense it when you look at how she and our other Scarlet Knights in the W carry themselves,... and how they put in the work.

Reactions: gigantor1024
6/13/23
Betnijah had a good game. Ionescu DNP/injury.
Arella got off the bench but only saw 3 minutes.
Erica remains a mystery with her lack of points. Part of that may be A. Boston having a great start/games. Will she be rookie of the year?

I want B to win a chip so I’d rather her be a defensive stalwart and stay in NY cause her best chance right now to win is with that roster imo.

6/25/23
Kahleah had 27/7, and Sky still got stomped.
Betnijah got more minutes as Vandersloot fouled out, and Stewart had 5 fouls. Betnijah with 16/7.

Reactions: MADHAT1
6/25/23
Kahleah had 27/7, and Sky still got stomped.
Betnijah got more minutes as Vandersloot fouled out, and Stewart had 5 fouls. Betnijah with 16/7.
A digit or two above were accidentally transposed... Betnijah 17pts, 6 Reb, 6-11FG, 4-6 3PT 1-2 FT.

Liberty game was an enjoyable game to watch, and especially if rooting for Betnijah and NY. Nice OT comeback win for NY... Betnijah played well, and only sat last 5 min of first quarter and 4 of the last 5 min of 3rd quarter... As above box score shows, Stewart shot well from the line (10-11), but only 4-17FG and 0-5 3PT. But 31 PTS for Ionescu, and Betnijah and Ionescu combined to shoot 11-18 from 3... Go Liberty.

A digit or two above were accidentally transposed... Betnijah 17pts, 6 Reb, 6-11FG, 4-6 3PT 1-2 FT.

Liberty game was an enjoyable game to watch, and especially if rooting for Betnijah and NY. Nice OT comeback win for NY... Betnijah played well, and only sat last 5 min of first quarter and 4 of the last 5 min of 3rd quarter... As above box score shows, Stewart shot well from the line (10-11), but only 4-17FG and 0-5 3PT. But 31 PTS for Ionescu, and Betnijah and Ionescu combined to shoot 11-18 from 3... Go Liberty.
Enjoyed watching the fighting spirit of the Liberty. As well as Wash was playing, the Liberty players never looked pressed and played as if they knew they were going to win in the end.

Betnijah played another great game. Yes , I'm biased, but I honestly would make the argument that she was the game MVP. Yes, Sabrina was scorching from three and deservedly gets the headline, but Laney's performance the last couple games, when she is included in the offense(and not just sent to stand in the corner) have been All-Star caliber on both ends of the court.

Stewie struggled but commanded a lot of attention to make it easier for her teammates to operate. I think the coaches make a mistake when they are so set on isolating Stewie on offense instead of moving it around. IMO, with so many playmakers on the floor at all times, they should hardly ever go to an "iso" game.

ADVERTISEMENT