ADVERTISEMENT

Women B.B. huge 4th Q for W at badgers 64-61

Wow, very nice win! It is hard to win on the road these days, let alone against strong competition. Way to go WBB!

In general I’m not one to blame refs. But 30-9 difference in free throws?
Rutgers plays a aggressive defense committing fouls away from the basket which puts the opponent on the foul line far earlier than other teams.Truth be told there are fouls committed on most possessions with hand checking ,drives to the basket and boxing out for rebounds.

Reactions: JPWRU
The most ridiculous was the ref operating the clock - 5 fouls is the bonus, Wisconsin only had 3 with 11 seconds to go, and us inbounding the ball with the lead. Somehow they managed to foul us twice within 0.8 seconds and the clock was only down to 10.2 by the time we had to shoot FTs. It wasn’t 5 on 8, it was 5 on 9 including the clock operator ref at the table

I watched the game closely, I’m a huge Rutgers women’s basketball fan, and thought the refs were fine. When you have a high intensity, full-court pressure defense every minute of the game, and up tempo offense, picking up fouls is part of the equation.

Wisconsin played a passive , collapsing zone defense. Which keeps their players out of foul trouble.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Wisconsin’s Imani Lewis, a Willingboro NJ native, refers to Rutgers as her “home school”. Imani ... enjoy the loss at your “home court”.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_653f0bf5-6f2c-54cf-b900-727be4c1fad3.html

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/imani-lewis/7419

Enjoy the loss?

Did she get recruited by Rutgers, and pick Wisconsin?
Or did she not get offered, and thus, wanted to win to show the mistake CViv made?

Seems like a big difference.

Reactions: Kbee3
Wisconsin fans feel entitled. Most feel that Rutgers does not belong in the Big Ten. Nothing sweeter than beating them, especially when their rosters routinely include N.J. athletes. I’m scratching my head trying to recall a Wisconsin native who contributed at Rutgers Athletics. No need to do the homework you’ve suggested.
BTW, Lewis received a Rutgers scholarship offer according to this article ...

https://badgerherald.com/sports/201...urn-to-new-jersey-not-enough-to-beat-rutgers/

Last edited:
Why open the thread if you aren’t interested. I don’t care about Yankee and Mets threads on the “football” board so I don’t bother opening them and I don’t complain that they exist (til now)
women's sports = irrelevant

Any Rutgers program is worth discussing on any and every TKR board.
Once Schiano gets the FB program turned around, this board will be ( as the one and only TS would have said) "Focused " on the football team winning and threads about other RU sports programs doing well might be better accepted by some of the football board posters.
Unless they have something against that program or just think the football board should be just focus on RU football.

Why open the thread if you aren’t interested. I don’t care about Yankee and Mets threads on the “football” board so I don’t bother opening them and I don’t complain that they exist (til now)

THIS

Did you complain in the Yankees, Mets, English Premier League, or all of the golf threads about it being the wrong board?

If you did, I didn’t see it because I have no interest in those topics and didn’t click on those threads.

Last edited:
More than 50% of posts on this board have nothing to do with Rutgers football.

But you have to bitch about one of our best Rutgers women’s teams.

Says a lot about you.
yea i don't give two craps about women's sports and if i wanted to see threads on it i would go to the proper board.. not here

yea i don't give two craps about women's sports and if i wanted to see threads on it i would go to the proper board.. not here

That’s fine

But why do you single out women’s sports and not also lobby against Mets/Yankees/Golf/etc. threads?

That’s fine

But why do you single out women’s sports and not also lobby against Mets/Yankees/Golf/etc. threads?
they don't have their own board... i would say post in the CE/OT board but that place is overrun with politics so the topic would be flushed off the page within an hour

they don't have their own board... i would say post in the CE/OT board but that place is overrun with politics so the topic would be flushed off the page within an hour

At least the Rutgers women’s basketball posts (and other non-mainstream sports) are associated with Rutgers, and help promote the RU brand and athletic department.

Those are posts have NOTHING to do with college sports or Rutgers.

Reactions: TRU2RU and Abro1975
so you just don’t support any RU women’s sports teams? Real piece of work you are. Just curious are you an old fart or young scum?
early to mid 30's scum/fart... i'm getting old.... football drives the bus(hehe)!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT