ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball Postpones Jan. 18 Game at Indiana

This is ridiculous football with over 100 players/staff is able to go 3 months with no Covid and the women barely make 1 month that is not good

Reactions: shields
This is ridiculous football with over 100 players/staff is able to go 3 months with no Covid and the women barely make 1 month that is not good
Look at football programs shut down and others canceling games .
Ohio State football played 5 regular season games out of 12 scheduled with a roster of 85 players they still couldn't play a full schedule.
RU WBB's roster is to small to overcome players being placed in quarantine..
This is not a one size fits all situation.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Look at football programs shut down and others canceling games .
Ohio State football played 5 regular season games out of 12 scheduled with a roster of 85 players they still couldn't play a full schedule.
This is wrong. They had 11 games this year and played 8. Regular season they had 9 scheduled and played 6. As far as women's basketball, the team is not adhering to Rutgers protocol. Since it's now worked in football and is working in men's basketball and wrestling.

Reactions: bac2therac
This is wrong. They had 11 games this year and played 8. Regular season they had 9 scheduled and played 6. As far as women's basketball, the team is not adhering to Rutgers protocol. Since it's now worked in football and is working in men's basketball and wrestling.
Did those programs go home for Christmas? Because the woman did. And well....

All the guys and girls in all the sports deserved to go home to their families. Some hadn’t seen their Mom and Dad in months and months. Doesn’t matter how careful people are, unless you lock yourself in a cave, it can happen. Just hope that everyone that got it recovers.

Reactions: RUClassof67
All the guys and girls in all the sports deserved to go home to their families. Some hadn’t seen their Mom and Dad in months and months. Doesn’t matter how careful people are, unless you lock yourself in a cave, it can happen. Just hope that everyone that got it recovers.
I think one NHL team had 17 of their players with Covid

Yes, I think it was 17. Didn’t the Denver Broncos have a game where all three of their QBs tested positive?

Yes, I think it was 17. Didn’t the Denver Broncos have a game where all three of their QBs tested positive?
I don't know if they all had Covid, or any of them did. They all had close contact with someone who did, so league protocol required them to sit out.

I don't envy any college program trying to navigate this pandemic. At least four women's D1 programs have thrown in the towel: Duke, Virginia, San Jose St and Vanderbilt (announced today).

RU has postponed 4 games in 2+ weeks and have played the least # conference games in the BIG (along with Ohio St). It doesn't seem there's enough time to make up those games so these are likely cancelled. If they don't play the games on the schedule this week, you have to wonder if they don't consider calling it a season.

Also remember that everyone will have another year of eligibility regardless of what RU decides. This season is a 'free' year per special NCAA rules - should an athlete choose to return and the coaching staff want them back.

Just a money saving move by the schools if they are so adament about not playing basketball than they should have cancelled the men's programs too!!
Many schools have fans that support the men's sports programs, but could care less about the women's programs.
So it's reasonable to assume women's sports will have a harder time playing out the season in times like this.

Just what you pointed out proves Title IX is needed, because Women's Sports would be mainly non scholarship programs and College Women having a chance to play basketball for their school would be severely limited..

ADVERTISEMENT