ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Rowing HC, Assistants All Out at RU

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just read on Twitter. Not sure of Hobbs forced them out or they resigned on their own accord. Personally I would've pegged Litterio or the softball coach to get the axe before women's crew.

Just read on Twitter. Not sure of Hobbs forced them out or they resigned on their own accord. Personally I would've pegged Litterio or the softball coach to get the axe before women's crew.
Agreed, there are lots of other (scholarship teams that need a house cleaning.

A little tongue in cheek of course but why stop at just the coaches...

(and not just this sport/team)

Was rowing across the Raritan faster than taking a bus?

Program has met been good for a long time now. Probably since I was in school. Good to see changes being made and has zero to do with any other sport.

Another women's sport with lots of scholarship money and no results. Coach has been there a long time and hasn't done much at all. When my daughter was being recruited out of HS and we reached out to them she was basically told they don't really recruit or give any $$ to incoming freshman. Their philosophy was to recruit college freshman who were good athletes in HS. While not giving $$ to incoming freshman is not unusual I didn't understand the not recruiting HS rowers. Rowing in NJ and Philly is HUGE in HS, Stotesbury Regatta in Philly has thousands of HS rowers attending. So many womens sports at RU are getting a pass. They get a lot of funding and don't produce anything more than HS level results. Softball, rowing, track just to name a few.

Big Ten Championship Standings1. Ohio State 1802. Michigan 1793. Wisconsin 1264. Iowa 106 Indiana 1065. Michigan State 766. Minnesota 547. Rutgers 24

“The Scarlet Knights gave everything they had today and showed themselves they are ready to take that next step in 2018, getting their bows ahead of other Big Ten schools,” said head coach Max Borghard.

Last edited:
Another women's sport with lots of scholarship money and no results. Coach has been there a long time and hasn't done much at all. When my daughter was being recruited out of HS and we reached out to them she was basically told they don't really recruit or give any $$ to incoming freshman. Their philosophy was to recruit college freshman who were good athletes in HS. While not giving $$ to incoming freshman is not unusual I didn't understand the not recruiting HS rowers. Rowing in NJ and Philly is HUGE in HS, Stotesbury Regatta in Philly has thousands of HS rowers attending. So many womens sports at RU are getting a pass. They get a lot of funding and don't produce anything more than HS level results. Softball, rowing, track just to name a few.

Big Ten Championship Standings1. Ohio State 1802. Michigan 1793. Wisconsin 1264. Iowa 106 Indiana 1065. Michigan State 766. Minnesota 547. Rutgers 24

“The Scarlet Knights gave everything they had today and showed themselves they are ready to take that next step in 2018, getting their bows ahead of other Big Ten schools,” said head coach Max Borghard.
The High School National Championships of Rowing was at Cooper River Park in South Jersey during MDW.

ADVERTISEMENT