ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer IN Playing Duke Rnd 1

13 seed .. @ Duke ... get the heck out of here. 0 respect. I know we got upset in B1Gs round 1 but look at all the teams seeded ahead of us. Forever screwed by every committee

Yikes got a tad screwed! Playing a 4-seed on the road? Wow! An RPI if 30 and we get a 13???!!!

Looks like PSU is in the 10 vs 7 matchup. The were the regular season champs and went to the B1G final. Wow

Reactions: ScarletDave
I actually think this goes scoreless and to double OT... Duke has a high powered offense that will have problems with our defensive structure. I think we pull it out late in double OT.

I actually think this goes scoreless and to double OT... Duke has a high powered offense that will have problems with our defensive structure. I think we pull it out late in double OT.
Good points. We have an outstanding defense. The problem as you probably know is we have trouble scoring. This has been our problem all season. I hope you're right.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Duke is way better than us but I just think it’s a bad matchup for Duke based on the games I have seen both teams play this year. I think Ali will be a handful for Duke and she scores the winning goal. Let’s see if I am right.

Reactions: biazza38
Duke is way better than us but I just think it’s a bad matchup for Duke based on the games I have seen both teams play this year. I think Ali will be a handful for Duke and she scores the winning goal. Let’s see if I am right.
Yep. The bad seeding might cut both ways -and hopefully more positively for RU. F Duke.

Good points. We have an outstanding defense. The problem as you probably know is we have trouble scoring. This has been our problem all season. I hope you're right.
There is very little margin for error in soccer when the team is totally dependent on holding the opponent to no goals.

Reactions: RU MAN
I hope you’re right!! Let’s Go RU!!!

The teams have similar schedules and results, our defense is just a little better than theirs at this point and we are playing our best soccer right now. Duke's offense is good but not amazing...the edge they have is home field advantage and a big crowd. Should be a really good game to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT