ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder how the ticket office will handle two game refund

If this plays out as expected, I for one will enjoy no payment next season as I’ll most likely apply the payments for next year.

We are looking at possibly pulling the trigger on a beach home this winter so looking forward to that saved cash :)

There's nothing to wonder about, they addressed it a couple of months ago:

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled, or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).

• Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.
  • Change the allocation of payment into a tax-deductible athletic donation.
  • Receive a refund for the postponed or canceled event.

Yeah... weird question.

it’s an odd question ...but actually it really needs to be handled right so that the athletic department doesn’t cone out with a major PR black eye.

we all know the athletic dept needs both cash flow and revenue (two different things) and certainly having two home football games just took a couple of million out of the revenue stream for sure and made it temporarily cash flow as a prepaid deposit toward something

Obviously ...there are 5 more games at risk and the capacity of the stadium ...so this is a big issue

I just hope we handle it right and strike a balance to not alienate an already significantly reduced ticket. Base ...

There's nothing to wonder about, they addressed it a couple of months ago:

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled, or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).

• Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.
  • Change the allocation of payment into a tax-deductible athletic donation.
  • Receive a refund for the postponed or canceled event.

I didn’t know this ..this is well done and clear

thanks for posting

it’s an odd question ...but actually it really needs to be handled right so that the athletic department doesn’t cone out with a major PR black eye.

we all know the athletic dept needs both cash flow and revenue (two different things) and certainly having two home football games just took a couple of million out of the revenue stream for sure and made it temporarily cash flow as a prepaid deposit toward something

Obviously ...there are 5 more games at risk and the capacity of the stadium ...so this is a big issue

I just hope we handle it right and strike a balance to not alienate an already significantly reduced ticket. Base ...

There won't be fans in the stadium. My guess is that there won't be any games, either. The Covid is getting worse, not better. The hot spots will be on lockdown within the next month.

I plan to donate our four tickets and seat gifts to the Greg Schiano Fieldhouse fund.

tenor.gif

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
If this plays out as expected, I for one will enjoy no payment next season as I’ll most likely apply the payments for next year.

We are looking at possibly pulling the trigger on a beach home this winter so looking forward to that saved cash :)
I have no problem rolling my money over to next year. If you ask for a refund your seat donation will be kept as it's considered a gift already. If they ask for another seat donation next year I'll simply deduct that from another sport I donate to. Sucks for the other sport. Call me cheap, call me whatever, but I've been very generous throughout the years for a school who's stated goal was simply "participation".

I plan to donate our four tickets and seat gifts to the Greg Schiano Fieldhouse fund.
That's something Rutgers can do.. make some special deal where if you donate the cost of your seats you get some kind of permanent points addition.. thereby putting those who donate it ahead of those who don't. I think the numbers of pleased/pissed off season-ticket holders would work okay.

Oh.. and have a lottery to be one of the few to be able to watch a game. I know "no fans" is a thing.. but if you have maybe 5% spread way out all over the best seats.. I don't see an issue with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Oh.. and have a lottery to be one of the few to be able to watch a game. I know "no fans" is a thing.. but if you have maybe 5% spread way out all over the best seats.. I don't see an issue with that.
That won't happen. If there are no fans at the games, it will be due to an NCAA or Big Ten ruling. Nobody would be allowed to have 5% capacity unless that's what the ruling is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thegock
I will carry over my football, men’s and women’s basketball and wrestling season tickets to next year.

ADVERTISEMENT