ADVERTISEMENT

Worse than the Star Ledger? - CNBC with misleading headline on Rutgers and the $100 million deli

mdk01

Hall of Famer
Aug 18, 2011
Somebody at Rutgers better be calling this guy about this. What a bunch of crap. That is like saying I was pals with Bernie Madoff because we both went to the same car wash.

The more I read about this deli the more I feel that Morina (wrestling coach/principal) is going down. This story is something straight out of "Billion Dollar Whale."

Reactions: Eagleton96
Rutgers’ space is being used for a study of Paulsboro’s drinking water by the university’s School of Public Health, which is being conducted with the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the federal Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.

Rutgers, a public university based in New Brunswick, New Jersey, is paying Mantua Creek Group rent under a 24-month lease that began last September. The Rutgers study’s office is at 541 B Mantua Ave., while the Hometown Deli is at 541 A Mantua Ave.
Holy crap, talk about yellow journalism. How do you link 2 major universities doing bad investing with the hometown university renting space for a study being done in conjunction with 2 federal agencies?

Seems to be a legitimate study by Rutgers funded by the CDC, and a legitimate reason they would need to rent random office space in Paulsboro. And the rent payment is not out of the ordinary. So it wouldn't take much digging to conclude that Rutgers isn't involved. It's a strange coincidence though. So I could see wanting to note it. But more as a footnote, and with some language to avoid casting unfounded aspersions.

Somebody at Rutgers better be calling this guy about this. What a bunch of crap. That is like saying I was pals with Bernie Madoff because we both went to the same car wash.
Holy crap, talk about yellow journalism. How do you link 2 major universities doing bad investing with the hometown university renting space for a study being done in conjunction with 2 federal agencies?

Apparently Greggy's just fine with it.

Put “Rutgers” anywhere in the headline and you’re going to get the clicks. They know it, we know it.

It is going to be awful when the the Athletic tide firmly turns for good.

Put “Rutgers” anywhere in the headline and you’re going to get the clicks. They know it, we know it.

It is going to be awful when the the Athletic tide firmly turns for good.
On this board, put "Star-Ledger" anywhere in the headline and you're going to get the clicks.

Reactions: Greg2020
Sounds like Hometown Deli is the new source for the latest RU rumors .
Subway's rumor "roll" got stale :YesNo[roll]
200.gif

Reactions: newell138
At least the headline puts us in elite academic company! Here are the top academic schools from three major conferences.

Scarlet Jerry

Reactions: jtung230
Someone is definitely going to jail. They all probably want to put a hit on Einhorn.

I don't know why people are still stunned journalists are bad at their job. These are not smart people folks.

I don't know why people are still stunned journalists are bad at their job. These are not smart people folks.
You get what you pay for. We used to value news in this country and people paid for it. Now we have dying traditional newspapers, no local news, clickbait that passes for news, and yelling cable ideologues cultivating outrage addicts.

ADVERTISEMENT