ADVERTISEMENT

Worst half of play calling I've ever seen

We should’ve been in the locker room for 10 minutes already. Not punting was moronic, especially with the ball coming out of halftime. 3 more points on the board and Turner out of the game. 100% on Schiano.

Syracuse did worse with Babers against us. Also you never watched an Ash game clearly. The coaching staff KNEW what they were doing here is the difference, they just consciously made these poor decisions (vs Ash and Cuse who had no idea what they were doing) …. I don’t know which is worse

They needed to punt the football in that situation. They gave them 3 pts. It could get ugly in the 2nd half. Outmanned at the LOS.

Not the worst coaching ever per OP but several very questionable decisions especially the 4th down decision at the end of half
Be happy being down 2 scores getting ball in 2nd half.

Too many read plays within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage makes your offense too easy to defend, only 2 completions of over 10 yds, no runs. We are moving the ball but the DBs are getting too close to the line of scrimmage

It wasn’t great but it wasn’t the worst. Schiano was playing to win and even 3 points there would have helped. Didn’t happen and it sucks but it changes the mentality of the team when they see their coach wants to go for the win.

Coaches are human. Every call or decision isn’t going to be perfect or come to fruition. You take it all..the good and the bad and hope on balance you’re positive over time.

It’s not like we have all the insight into every decision either. Some things as a fan you can know but not everything. It’s not like there are total morons on the other sideline too.

Hey Tommy Gun. You posted at end of first half.

rocky-sylvester-stallone.gif

You commented about that before eating any crow…..let’s go, be a good sport. I think very few people here take this stuff too seriously or personally. We’re just a bunch of screennames in the ether.
I’ll acknowledge a great second half with great adjustments. But the first half was a cluster. Lots of boneheaded calls. A ridiculous amount imo.

Shame RU has the same type of talent that Ohio State /Alabama have and Schiano misused the first half and only their talent in the 2nd was the reason RU made a game of it today.
HC's sometimes take chances in 4th down, an idiot when it fails, a genius if successful..

Reactions: knight82
Game day coaching is not a strength of Schiano. Never has been.
this did not age well.

one clear mistake.. the non-punt... cost 3 points.

sending pachecko outside so often.. I had that as a big mistake... until the second half where both he and Vedral made yards off that pattern.

the cute fourth down.. I think that's a Pachecko mistake. He rushed things.. for all I know he was supposed to cancel that play when he saw the shift inside.. and maybe he was going to but he mistakenly put his hand under teh center's ass which was signal to snap it. I'd love to hear EXCACTLY what went down on that play.

But if not for the clearly missed PI call on the Cruickshank jersey tug most likely that get gets tied up. Then.. who knows?

Reactions: RutHut
Schiano definitely made some risky calls, that said if we punt on 4th and 10 and the refs call the pass interference in the endzone, we likely win this game

They went out to win the game. They were going to do everything possible to try to win and not just get blown out. I remember a decade or so ago were fans on this board us to get upset because we didn't go all out to win the game.. I take this lost. i think is going to make this team better. i also think Schiano is going to win more recruiting battles with this more aggressive mind set. watch out!

ADVERTISEMENT