ADVERTISEMENT

Would it completely shock you?

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
If Indiana beats Michigan tomorrow, obviously can’t see it happening but this league is friggen nuts

I can see Sparty beating Michigan at home next week the way they are playing now. That would give them an amazing 3 wins over top 5 teams.

Reactions: zappaa
If Indiana beats Michigan tomorrow, obviously can’t see it happening but this league is friggen nuts
Not Indiana but Michigan State. They're on a roll, confident, and an emotional rivalry can level the playing field a bit. I also believe that it's far easier to pull off an upset in college bball where a fast start in a 2x 20m game can be enough (vs. football where you have to slug through a slow 60 minutes). Do I think it'll happen? No. Will I be completely shocked if it does? No to that, too.

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
The actual OP by me was far more about the insanity and craziness of this league, then Indiana actually winning.
Yet....they can win

I can see it. Michigan looking ahead to Illinois or Michigan State and sort of ignoring Indiana.

It is a crazy league but this I don’t see because I believe Michigan will be able to get points down low the entire game at a very high percentage. Indiana might hang for a bit but I really can’t see them winning.

Somewhere between not at all and mildly. I agree...the league is friggin nuts and played by 18-22 year old kids.

No. There is not that much difference. among teams in BIG.
When I saw NW beat MSU when they were ranked in the top 5 earlier in the season, I was shocked.

MSU beat OSU and now look like a top 5 team.

Not to get too crazy about my ability to be shocked, I'll just say yes--it would shock me.

This one would because IU is coming off two crushing losses and Michigan is humming. But it’s sports - anything can happen.

Yes, very much so. Indy looks like a beaten program right now.
B1G would love Indy in tourney but not at expense of losing the top 2 seed? Plus if MSU wins more they'll get in with their legacy and take indys spot.

The actual OP by me was far more about the insanity and craziness of this league, then Indiana actually winning.
Yet....they can win
The other factor is that Michigan, while clearly the class of the league, simply hasn’t been tested with as many conference games as everyone else. Only Rutgers and Ohio State have played 18 B1G games so far, while UM has played only 13.

Not saying Mich wouldn’t win anyway, but the gauntlet of a 20-game Big Ten slate can be daunting, and it looks like UM will only play 17 this year. So sure, they could get beat in any one of their 4 remaining B1G games, and it wouldn’t shock me at all.

ADVERTISEMENT