ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Zahid Suspended for Failed Drug Test

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
That's massive news and he's going to be removed from the Olympic Trials apparently as well.

Article says it was a recreational drug, not a performance enhancing drug so it seems like a ridiculous over-reaction if he was smoking weed which is legal in many states. I don't want to turn this into a war on drug debate, but I'm sure that's going to be at the forefront of this story moving forward if that's what it was.

With that being said, its clearly not his first suspension and its absolutely silly to throw everything away during the peak/prime of your career for some recreational drug.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...hid-valencia-due-failed-drug-test/4822825002/

Last edited:
That’s really unfortunate for him. If it was not his first suspension, then you have to wonder why he would take the risk.

Wow that sucks especially if it is weed it's legal in his state. Not like weed has been known to enhance anyone's performance.

Last edited:
Dayton Fix too? Wow, what a bad day for USA wreslting.

Bummer for Valencia and if Fix is as well, that's bad news. The hammer might drop on more wrestlers. Stay tuned.

Quick, text Mark Hall!! Tell him he can now bump up to 184 with no worries.

Cocaine is no joke, sounds like he has a serious problem since this is clearly not his 1st suspension. Hopefully he is able to get help.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
Has anyone credible said it’s cocaine? Pretty dangerous accusation to be throwing around.

Reactions: andegre
Has anyone credible said it’s cocaine? Pretty dangerous accusation to be throwing around.

No, but Pat has been spot on with everything up to this point so it take it for what it's worth.

No, but Pat has been spot on with everything up to this point so it take it for what it's worth.
He’s the only one I’ve seen identify the drug specifically, and it’s hard to take the word of a guy who’s bragging on twitter about how excited he is to break the story of a college kid getting caught with drugs.

Reactions: belushijo
That's massive news and he's going to be removed from the Olympic Trials apparently as well.

Article says it was a recreational drug, not a performance enhancing drug so it seems like a ridiculous over-reaction if he was smoking weed which is legal in many states. I don't want to turn this into a war on drug debate, but I'm sure that's going to be at the forefront of this story moving forward if that's what it was.

With that being said, its clearly not his first suspension and its absolutely silly to throw everything away during the peak/prime of your career for some recreational drug.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...hid-valencia-due-failed-drug-test/4822825002/
What were his other suspensions?

Last edited:
Seems Mineo deleted an earlier tweet regarding Fix so here's his latest:

Also, their college careers could be over depending on the length of the suspension:

NCAA bylaws

31.2.3.1.2 Positive Drug Test—Non-NCAA Athletics Organization.
A student-athlete under a drug-testing suspension from a national or international sports governing body that has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code shall not participate in NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration of the suspension.

What were his other suspensions?

Someone posted that as per the ASU drug testing policy, a 3rd failed test results in an indefinite/permanent suspension from the team. Given that he was suspended indefinitely, people are just connecting the dots that it's either his 2nd or 3rd positive test.

As per the guidelines:

1st offense is typically just counseling/treatment.
2nd offense is a suspension for a minimum 10% of the season
3rd offense is an indefinite/permanent suspension.

https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/sda/sda405a.html

Reactions: obrats
Seems Mineo deleted an earlier tweet regarding Fix so here's his latest:

Also, their college careers could be over depending on the length of the suspension:

NCAA bylaws

31.2.3.1.2 Positive Drug Test—Non-NCAA Athletics Organization.
A student-athlete under a drug-testing suspension from a national or international sports governing body that has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code shall not participate in NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration of the suspension.
Fix has 3 NCAA seasons remaining.Depending on the suspension date if its Feb 20 he would sit until Feb 20 2022 so he could wrestle the last dual and conferences.So he would miss 1 NCAA tournament

he failed a drug test, and is done.....that's a shocker
really opens up the weight class.......i wonder what drug he used
and why was he tested ....there is an article on flo

Mineo also tweeted on February 3rd that Brady Berge was done for the season. Had to delete that one when Berge took the mat Feb.15th.

There is no point to turn this into another bash Pat thread right now. Has he (or anyone) been right 100% of the time? Absolutely not. Clearly many people don't seem like him and have very strong opinions about him, but he absolutely nailed this story aside from a few minor details (i.e. where the testing took place for Fix and what organization administered the test). Those are trivial facts in the big picture and something that his source could have very easily messed up in relaying the info to him.

There is no point to turn this into another bash Pat thread right now. Has he (or anyone) been right 100% of the time? Absolutely not. Clearly many people don't seem like him and have very strong opinions about him, but he absolutely nailed this story aside from a few minor details (i.e. where the testing took place for Fix and what organization administered the test). Those are trivial facts in the big picture and something that his source could have very easily messed up in relaying the info to him.
Mineo throws shit against the wall, and some of it sticks. This has nothing to do with liking him. It has to do with how much stock I put in any information he puts out.

The drug he failed for isn’t trivial at all. Like I said, he’s the only who is identifying the drug and I’m saying it’s a dangerous accusation to be throwing around without evidence. If the drug is cocaine or if the drug is some kind of painkiller completely changes the narrative. Doesn’t make it more right or more wrong but it’s certainly way easier to sympathize with one than the other.

The drug he failed for isn’t trivial at all. Like I said, he’s the only who is identifying the drug and I’m saying it’s a dangerous accusation to be throwing around without evidence. If the drug is cocaine or if the drug is some kind of painkiller completely changes the narrative. Doesn’t make it more right or more wrong but it’s certainly way easier to sympathize with one than the other.

I get that but the info has been out there for a long time now and there haven't been any counter-statements or denials so it seems more and more likely that it's true unfortunately.

For the record, I'm not defending Pat or his previous actions/statements but it seems unfair that many people are shooting the messenger here.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Someone said that pot was legal recreationally in AZ, it isn't, only medicinal.

However, and with that said, hello Taylor Lujan!

46524192895_00c9ef9f7d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it is not such a big surprise anyway.. most stars , sport stars too, have tried drugs at least once in their life... You know when you have everything you wanted, you want more. So do the stars, they want to try new things. And once in a while they are getting caught on it. That is okay. My friend who is a big fan of football said that they are being tested each game with tests similar to those from confirmbiosciences.com by their coach and who fails, is restricted from the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT