ADVERTISEMENT

WrestleStat Rankings | Week 10 2020

I put Alvarez in 5th in the B10

Gross
DeSanto
Rivera
RBY
Alvarez

I can''t quibble over the 11th ranking even thou i think it is tad too low.
The good thing is he has those wins when it comes time to seed the NCAA's.

Reactions: RU23 and obrats

Gross
DeSanto
Rivera
RBY
Alvarez

I agree. Hope we’re wrong but don’t think Sammy is better than RBY at the point.

Reactions: R U Crazy

Gross
DeSanto
Rivera
RBY
Alvarez

I think 11 is fair personally. He has some nice wins but also some weak losses. I’m still skeptical of his chances to AA but I’ll enjoy the ride as long as I can.

Iowa was going to be champs regardless. They’re deeper than Penn State even with Rasheed and Cassar

Last edited:
I thought they pulled Beard's RS for him to wrestle 197
Beard's shirt not pulled. Rasheed had knee surgery after the season last year, so they've been bringing him back slowly. I believe the original plan was to let the best man wrestle between Rasheed and Conel. With Conel injured, Rasheed is the guy.

Aaron Brooks' shirt is pulled at 184.

Reactions: R U Crazy
Beard's shirt not pulled. Rasheed had knee surgery after the season last year, so they've been bringing him back slowly. I believe the original plan was to let the best man wrestle between Rasheed and Conel. With Conel injured, Rasheed is the guy.

Aaron Brooks' shirt is pulled at 184.

Correct sir, I forgot it was Brooks. PSU has too many studs in RS

Maybe I'm too far out of the minute to minute rasslin loop (these days I pretty much only follow UNI), but portal means something to me completely outside of rasslin, so, of course, I have no idea what you're talking about.

The portal is a more transparent way for student athletes to inform other college coaches that they intend to transfer.

Maybe I'm too far out of the minute to minute rasslin loop (these days I pretty much only follow UNI), but portal means something to me completely outside of rasslin, so, of course, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Transfer portal. He's leaving PSU

Ah, ok. Thanks.

If that is, in fact, the case, I could have something to say about it later.

Last edited:
Dovetailing off of my comment on the Teske news that I learned of here, last night, here's a little fun to re-visit from everyone's favorite rasslin forum. What I wouldn't give to shove this down the throat of the loudmouth who made the comment about "homesick," to which, as you can see, I NEVER said.

We can also see where a certain "someone" liked the loudmouth's oh-so accurate post. :)

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/brody-teske-at-iowa-states-thread.201162/#post-3318917

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/northern-iowa-panthers-19-20-preview.247145/#post-4344014

Dovetailing off of my comment on the Teske news that I learned of here, last night, here's a little fun to re-visit from everyone's favorite rasslin forum. What I wouldn't give to shove this down the throat of the loudmouth who made the comment about "homesick," to which, as you can see, I NEVER said.

We can also see where a certain "someone" liked the loudmouth's oh-so accurate post. :)

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/brody-teske-at-iowa-states-thread.201162/#post-3318917

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/northern-iowa-panthers-19-20-preview.247145/#post-4344014
Still have the red-ass over being tossed over there (and everywhere else), I see. Try to let it go and have a reasonable wrestling discussion. It will be better for your health.

So, under the current circumstances, does UNI want him, need him, and will they pursue him?

You're now amongst wrestling friends Ban. No need to carry the angst, hell we even accepted @pawrestlersintn warts and all. Now if we could just get him to learn that New Jersey isn't a western province of Italy. :Wink:

You're now amongst wrestling friends Ban. No need to carry the angst, hell we even accepted @pawrestlersintn warts and all. Now if we could just get him to learn that New Jersey isn't a western province of Italy. :Wink:
Still have the red-ass over being tossed over there (and everywhere else), I see. Try to let it go and have a reasonable wrestling discussion. It will be better for your health.

So, under the current circumstances, does UNI want him, need him, and will they pursue him?
Fair enough. I'll forewarn you: you asked. When I get asked about UNI, I always write a novella.

I'm not a UNI insider-never have been-so these are only hunches, knowing what I know.

Yes, I think UNI would want him, from all angles. Schwab pretty much takes anyone into the program who wants to come into the program, and, given Teske's potential, Schwab would definitely want him. Pair that with Teske reuniting with his state champ teammates (UNI got 3 of the 4 studs from Fort Dodge), being able to come back home to Iowa, and the influence from those teammates, UNI would look like a good fit right now.

So, will UNI pursue him? Yes, I think they will "extend an invite." Schwab worked hard on him before.

Now, and finally, does UNI need him? I've learned in recent years the benefits of having a room full of studs, as it makes everyone better. As I write this, the "heir apparent" to Schwarm's spot at 125 is Kyle Biscoglia. If Teske goes 125, and whoever becomes the starter, the starter will have a killer workout partner in the room. I also think that 133 can become a REAL possibility for anyone right now at UNI, so that opens up another option for Teske and/or Biscoglia. So, yeah, I think that UNI could definitely need him.

If you want to stay up on it from UNI's end, Schwab has a clever way of making "early announcements" on Twitter when a new arrival is coming. He'll post, "It's always great to add to the family," which is always posted a day or two before the formal announcement.

Only my wife has seen those warts. Oh, wait, you weren't being literal. Nevermind.

And, NJ is the western province of NYC, which is the western province of Italy, so it's kind of by extension. At least de Niro and Pesci had to drive through it to get to the penitentiary in my current hometown. :WideSmile:

Fair enough. I'll forewarn you: you asked. When I get asked about UNI, I always write a novella.

I'm not a UNI insider-never have been-so these are only hunches, knowing what I know.

Yes, I think UNI would want him, from all angles. Schwab pretty much takes anyone into the program who wants to come into the program, and, given Teske's potential, Schwab would definitely want him. Pair that with Teske reuniting with his state champ teammates (UNI got 3 of the 4 studs from Fort Dodge), being able to come back home to Iowa, and the influence from those teammates, UNI would look like a good fit right now.

So, will UNI pursue him? Yes, I think they will "extend an invite." Schwab worked hard on him before.

Now, and finally, does UNI need him? I've learned in recent years the benefits of having a room full of studs, as it makes everyone better. As I write this, the "heir apparent" to Schwarm's spot at 125 is Kyle Biscoglia. If Teske goes 125, and whoever becomes the starter, the starter will have a killer workout partner in the room. I also think that 133 can become a REAL possibility for anyone right now at UNI, so that opens up another option for Teske and/or Biscoglia. So, yeah, I think that UNI could definitely need him.

If you want to stay up on it from UNI's end, Schwab has a clever way of making "early announcements" on Twitter when a new arrival is coming. He'll post, "It's always great to add to the family," which is always posted a day or two before the formal announcement.
Thanks. Good evaluation.

ADVERTISEMENT