ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 1 Iowa vs 2 Mizzou 12:30 BTN

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
For the National Duals Crown. On free BTN today. Link has matchups and common opponent results.

LINK

Originally posted by Abro1975:
For the National Duals Crown. On free BTN today. Link has matchups and common opponent results.
Great website. Just for fun, I put in Rutgers vs. Lehigh. Check it out. Thanks. $$$$

Man I hope Mizzou wins this match! I'm so sick of those Brand brother twits.

Maybe the Brands brothers can come off as jerks to those who don't bleed black and gold, but root for Big 12 over Big Ten? Don't get carried away. It's like the people yesterday who were cheering for Minnesota to lose. I get it, but it's actually not a good thing.

Originally posted by HawkeyeFreak:
Maybe the Brands brothers can come off as jerks to those who don't bleed black and gold, but root for Big 12 over Big Ten? Don't get carried away. It's like the people yesterday who were cheering for Minnesota to lose. I get it, but it's actually not a good thing.
Okay, Okay!! I take it back.
eek.r191677.gif

Go Hawks!!!!

Starting at 125. 1 Waters v 3 Gilman , key match ! also, no Sammy Brooks today, could be impt

Gilman with more scumbag Iowa moves attempting to injure other wrestler. JR Johnson (Ref) sucks!!! so pro-Iowa

crazy crazy match between Waters and Gilman, 5-4 Waters, will discuss later 3-0 Mizzou

Abro...no way i will root for the bullshit Iowa is doing. I love wrestling more than i love Big Ten or Iowa. Ordinarily i would defer to conference, but not with this team. Unfortunately, that makes me root against some guys that seem like good tough wrestlers who happen to wrestle for Iowa.
The jerkoff Brands are confused that tough wrestling and cheapshots with intent to injure are the same.
Go Mizzou!!

Moore dec England Mizu up 12-6, Iowa needed that one bad. very close.

Evans dec Eblin Mizzu up 12-9 Iowa HAD to have that one, 2 close ones in a row for Iowa .

Wow at 184 Miklaus w a close decision over Brook's replacement Meyer, Mizzu up 15-9. I think that's it for Iowa w Mizzu's stud at 197 coming up, but Burak is no slouch.

Hawkeyefreak: nope. I love wrestling more than I love Big Ten or Iowa. Crap like that by Gilman, Evans and Brands (particulary Terry, but Tom is captain of this ship) is not good for Wrestling or Iowa in the long run. Just scummy sportsmanship I would think not to be confused with being pro-Iowa.
But if you are saying that favoring bad sportsmanship and injuring opponents purposefully is equivalent with being pro-Iowa, then I go back to Go Mizzou!
I went to Gable camps for 3 summers in the 1980's so after RU (undergrad) and Penn State (MBA) I want to like Iowa. They are big proponents of NWCA Duals and get big crowds and fans motivated. Every Luke Skywalker needs a Darth Vader.
But Evans is repeatedly a bad sport and I guess He and Brands bozos are infecting Gilman too. Were I a hawkeye alum/fan I would be embarassed by their actions yesterday and today.
The right team for wrestling won today.

Once again Iowa shows its true colors. Gilman slam was absurd & then he went after Waters. He should've been penalized 2 points. I didn't see how Waters was.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 2/22 3:08 PM by Leonard23

I can't stand Evans. Even after his win, as he's getting up, he shoves the Missouri wrestler down after the whistle. Sure it was a harmless little shove but he does it every match & should be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct so it stops. It's dirty & classes.

Very surprised at the low attendance for all of these matches in Iowa. Also, BTN really needs to adjust its timing for wrestling matches. Many times they're premepted by basketball so you kiss the 1st match or more & they almost always end late so the DVR never catches the last match or more.

This post was edited on 2/22 4:27 PM by Leonard23

They were saying on the Hawkeye Wrestling site that attendance was hurt by the Iowa HS wrestling state tourny this weekend.
Originally posted by Leonard23:
Very surprised at the low attendance for all of these matches in Iowa. Also, BTN really needs to adjust its timing for wrestling matches. Many times they're premepted by basketball so you kiss the 1st match or more & they almost always end late so the DVR never catches the last match or more.

This post was edited on 2/22 4:27 PM by Leonard23

Now about the Gilman slam. I've never a guy standing like that with the other guy in control , try a jumping backflip to either shake off the opponent or try to get him to hit his head. Crazy!

no arguments that Gilman's slam was garbage but i also hate how the rules reward stuff like clinging to a guys back as he stands up or dropping to a leg. if i guy is up on two legs and you're riding him like a backpack they should call the 1 pt escape and restart at neutral. same thing if he drops to a leg and you go out of bounds. no reason to reward the top man for that.

just my opinion, and doesn't change the fact that Gilman crossed a line.

other than that move and some general extra chippiness i thought it was an outstanding match. the whole 8 team tournament was wildly entertaining, even tho the B1G did kinda take it on the chin.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
I found a video replay of the Gilman slam on the Hawkeye board :

crash.gif
Good one!!
I think it was a bs move myself should have deducted a team point and tossed his ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT