ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Articles now on WrestleStat

andegre

Sophomore
May 18, 2004
One of the features I've been anxious to add this offseason was an RSS feed reader service. I designed it to combine all wrestling-related articles and blog posts into a single source so they are all visible in one spot so people don't have to go hunting for them. Obviously, there are RSS readers out there where individuals can specifically sign up for their favorite feeds, but the purpose of this was to combine all of these for the general wrestling public, and/or for fans that may not be that familiar with all of the different outlets.

There are a few different pages that you can navigate to, to view feeds:
- All feeds (accessed via the "Lists" section on the homepage
- Feeds by source - view all feeds by a specific feed source
- Feeds by school - team-specific feeds so if there are any feeds that are specific to a team (like Scott Connor's blog is specifically for Iowa), then you can view all of those feed items for a particular school.

On the main feeds page (linked below), the feed source on the left is now a hyperlink so you can view all of the feeds for just that source.
If a specific feed is for a school, there's a note at the bottom of the feed saying "Feeds are for.... | See all feeds for {school}". Click that and you can see all of the feeds that are assigned to that school.

Lastly, all feeds are updated every 15 minutes, so the feeds are going to be very current.

Right now there are about a dozen feeds loaded into the system. The page linked below will then display all of the feeds that have come from these services, and display them strictly by their publish date.

If there are anymore feeds that are college wrestling related, please send them to either myself (andegre@wrestlestat.com), or @obrats (obrats@wrestlestat.com), or just reply to this thread. Also in the future, I'll either add a "mailto:" option somewhere on the site where it will automatically open a new email where the user can enter the URL, then send, or I'll open up the "Add Feed" page to some more users so they can add them themselves.

Let me know what you think of this:

https://test.wrestlestat.com/feed/list

ADVERTISEMENT