ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling - First Practice of Season

Saw the second practice today and the kids got after it. Looks like a fun season approaching. Glasgow is ripped and loving what he does. Worked with Ashnault today. Fun to watch those two.
Damn, am I happy to talk wrestling. What weight do you think Glasgow ends up this year?

Reactions: IsItLuck
It's great to see all those big-time Jersey kids in that room. The ones with names heard over the loudspeaker in Boardwalk Hall over and over in recent years.

Coach Goodale is building something!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Just in case Glasgow is not fully ready you can redshirt him.Vanbrill at 57, Grello at 65 if he can make it.

Best dual meet lineup most likely is:

125- Aguilar
133- Nick S.
141- MVB/Lipari
149- AA
157- JVB
165- Glasgow
174- Grello/Pagano
184- Gravina/Pagano
197- Correnti
285- Colucci

Let JVB decide which weight he wants to go. He’s earned it. If he chooses 157 it can’t hurt for Glasgow to go 165 and just focus on technique and getting better without worrying too much about cutting weight.

Projected Lineup

Suriano (2nd in NCAAs)
Firestone
Van Brill (qualifier)
Ashnault (1st in NCAAs)
Van Brill (qualifier)
Glasgow (qualifier)
Grello (qualifier)
Pagano (qualifier) Gravina if healthy (Qualifier)
Correnti (qualifier)
Colucci (8th in NCAAs)

Projected Lineup

Suriano (2nd in NCAAs)
Firestone
Van Brill (qualifier)
Ashnault (1st in NCAAs)
Van Brill (qualifier)
Glasgow (qualifier)
Grello (qualifier)
Correnti (qualifier)
Colucci (8th in NCAAs)

Looks right if Suriano goes 125. It’s going to be tough for MVB to qualify at 141. The BIG is brutal at 141. 12 of the top 20 guys are from the BIG. There are only 14 schools.

At practice. Boys drilling the fundamentals and getting after it. Kids will begin getting their weight down so they can certify at weight they want to wrestle.

Reactions: obrats
Projected Lineup

Suriano (2nd in NCAAs)
Firestone
Van Brill (qualifier)
Ashnault (1st in NCAAs)
Van Brill (qualifier)
Glasgow (qualifier)
Grello (qualifier)
Correnti (qualifier)
Colucci (8th in NCAAs)
I'd like to see JVB and Gravina both break through and reach AA in their senior seasons, just like Theobold and DelVecchio did.

Who has the most weight to cut?
Just curious as to how much weight the wrestlers are cutting
(I never wrestled, but got addicted when son wrestled)

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Wrong. MVB is on a fruit and veggie diet and is in high 40’s now. Pagano is up there as is Grello.

Wrong. MVB is on a fruit and veggie diet and is in high 40’s now. Pagano is up there as is Grello.

MVB is cutting a lot of weight....you could see it last year. Just because he is on a fruit and veggie diet and weighing high 140's does not mean he is not cutting a lot of weight.

Reactions: IroniaHorse

125- Aguilar
133- Nick S.
141- MVB/Lipari
149- AA
157- JVB
165- Glasgow
174- Grello/Pagano
184- Gravina/Pagano
197- Correnti
285- Colucci

Let JVB decide which weight he wants to go. He’s earned it. If he chooses 157 it can’t hurt for Glasgow to go 165 and just focus on technique and getting better without worrying too much about cutting weight.
Projected Lineup

Suriano (2nd in NCAAs)
Firestone
Van Brill (qualifier)
Ashnault (1st in NCAAs)
Van Brill (qualifier)
Glasgow (qualifier)
Grello (qualifier)
Correnti (qualifier)
Colucci (8th in NCAAs)

I think Vanbrill can All American at 165 7-8th range.

125- Aguilar
133- Nick S.
141- MVB/Lipari
149- AA
157- JVB
165- Glasgow
174- Grello/Pagano
184- Gravina/Pagano
197- Correnti
285- Colucci

Between the two Vanbrill & Glasgow who is actually cutting the most weight? How do we know Glasgow is cutting more weight? Except this is inside information based on seeing them in the room.

It probably does not even matter - They will have battle in the room and tournaments with the coaches making the best decision for the team.

I am excited for the season..

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Between JVB and Glasgow to get to 157? JVB already certified for 157. I know JVB is 167 now. Glasgow is probably around the same. If Suriano goes 133 as I predict, Lipari goes to 141 against Cleary and MVB.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Between JVB and Glasgow to get to 157? JVB already certified for 157. I know JVB is 167 now. Glasgow is probably around the same. If Suriano goes 133 as I predict, Lipari goes to 141 against Cleary and MVB.
If Suriano goes 133, is Aguilar the likely 125?

I think Vanbrill can All American at 165 7-8th range.

157 makes more sense. 165 is a tougher road than 157. At 165 Van Brill will be ranked 6th in the BIG behind, Joseph, Wick, Marinelli, Massa and White. Then add Chance Marsteller, Mekhi Lewis and Joe Smith to the mix and that will be very tough. JVB is currently ranked 9th at 157 but Nolf and Hidlay are the only two guys that seem to be above the pack with 5-8 beatable for sure.

157 makes more sense. 165 is a tougher road than 157. At 165 Van Brill will be ranked 6th in the BIG behind, Joseph, Wick, Marinelli, Massa and White. Then add Chance Marsteller, Mekhi Lewis and Joe Smith to the mix and that will be very tough. JVB is currently ranked 9th at 157 but Nolf and Hidlay are the only two guys that seem to be above the pack with 5-8 beatable for sure.

Now looking at the list of hammers it makes sense for Vanbrill. Gives him a favorable seed with a higher chance of been an All American.I don't think Glasgow will qualify for NCAAs at 165.He will need to take his lumps for a year and drop back down to 157 in his sophomore season.

Now looking at the list of hammers it makes sense for Vanbrill. Gives him a favorable seed with a higher chance of been an All American.I don't think Glasgow will qualify for NCAAs at 165.He will need to take his lumps for a year and drop back down to 157 in his sophomore season.

If Glasgow has developed at a normal rate he will definitely qualify. He has NCAA champion level talent.

ADVERTISEMENT