ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling possibilities

wngarbarini

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 4, 2006
Just think that if the NCAAs Grant this years wrestlers another year because of the shortened season we could have Rivera 2 more years.

Reactions: rondi
Just think that if the NCAAs Grant this years wrestlers another year because of the shortened season we could have Rivera 2 more years.

...and Suriano if he wants to hang around. Just remember, if these hammers stay, it will affect scholarship counts unless that is adjusted as well and will decrease what we can offer to new recruits. Kolodzik might actually get into his 30s and still have remaining eligibility with Covid, ORS, regular redshirt, and multiple special exemption injury redshirts.

...and Suriano if he wants to hang around. Just remember, if these hammers stay, it will affect scholarship counts unless that is adjusted as well and will decrease what we can offer to new recruits. Kolodzik might actually get into his 30s and still have remaining eligibility with Covid, ORS, regular redshirt, and multiple special exemption injury redshirts.

I'm pretty everyone would be EXTREMELY happy for another 2 years of Seabass and Suriano rather than offers to potential HS recruits who may or may not pan out. Granted there are numerous other guys on partial scholarships here already, whose money might not be there because of this situation, but that's part of the grind of college wrestling due to the limitations. With that being said, the coaches will always find ways\money for the right guys.

Also Kolo already wrestled 4 years at Princeton so he has no shot at returning. His 4th year was cut short due to the cancellation of the NCAA tournament last year, but that's not what's being discussed here. This extension would only apply to student athletes eligible for this upcoming, shortened season.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Things are moving slower than expected the vote on eligibility might not happen until tomorrow now

I'm pretty everyone would be EXTREMELY happy for another 2 years of Seabass and Suriano rather than offers to potential HS recruits who may or may not pan out. Granted there are numerous other guys on partial scholarships here already, whose money might not be there because of this situation, but that's part of the grind of college wrestling due to the limitations. With that being said, the coaches will always find ways\money for the right guys.

Also Kolo already wrestled 4 years at Princeton so he has no shot at returning. His 4th year was cut short due to the cancellation of the NCAA tournament last year, but that's not what's being discussed here. This extension would only apply to student athletes eligible for this upcoming, shortened season.

For some reason, I thought Kolo had another year, but now that you mention it, I think you are correct and he has exhausted four years of competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT