ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling- Princeton Open Brackets & matchups:

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Brackets:
http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/op...?newSession=false&TIM=1541336264236&pageName=

125- Auguilar vs Cardinale (Old Dominion)
Denora vs Templeton (Hofstra)

133- Ecklof vs Falleni (TCNJ)
Robinson vs Brown (Sacred Heart)
Dinapoli vs Peters (West Point)

141- Cleary vs Bye

149- Nobody

157- Nobody

165- Donner vs Curling (Old Dominion)

174- Scott vs Gallik (Lehigh)
Ciarmella vs Donnelly (Columbia)
Oliveri vs Bye

184- Janzer vs Martin (Rider)

197- Correnti vs Traxler (Stanford)
Wright vs Haddad (Hofstra)

285- Esposito vs Davis-Picou ( West Point)

A lot of familiar names from other teams in these brackets. Can be seen on ESPN+ w a subscription and of course make the drive to Princeton, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
Cleary is losing to a kid from Stevens, but the kid Stanich is no slouch. He placed 3rd at the D3 level as a freshman.

Cleary down 8-2

Aguilar on mat 1 and of course the feed for that mat isn't working. Looks like he just won 10-9 though with a late escape

Correnti gets pinned in less than 3 minutes. Not sure yet how good Traxler of Stanford is. Wrestlestat has him at 15.

Does RU have a problem at 197 ?

Correnti gets pinned in less than 3 minutes. Not sure yet how good Traxler of Stanford is. Wrestlestat has him at 15.

Traxler is top notch. Traxler is ranked 7th Intermat rankings. He had 2 wins in NCAA’s last year. I didn’t see Correnti match but you would expect him to hold his own at this point. What was the score when he got pinned?

Traxler is top notch. Traxler is ranked 7th Intermat rankings. He had 2 wins in NCAA’s last year. I didn’t see Correnti match but you would expect him to hold his own at this point. What was the score when he got pinned?

I was watching for a minute pretty sure it was 2-2 and correnti was riding on top. But I switched to another match and when I came back it was over

Reactions: brentx35
Following along on TrackWrestling's dashboard, I could not help but notice a couple of things:

1. There are a lot of NJ wrestlers and familiar names from NJ states on many of these teams. It helps that the tourney is in Princeton, but still nice to see.

2. Stevens Tech in Hoboken has a damn good D3 wrestling team. A few of their guys are beating D1 wrestlers convincingly.

Janzer loses to Rogers (Hofstra) 3-2 and falls into Consos
Everyone that is ready to anoint him the next savior needs to calm down. Same with Aguilar. D1 and even college for that matter is a completely different ballgame then HS.

Let them RS, gain valuable experience, and get stronger. We have Pagano to hold down the fort until Gravina comes back. 197 is an issue. Maybe Pagano can go there after Gravna gets back but he seems small for that weight.

Everyone that is ready to anoint him the next savior needs to calm down. Same with Aguilar. D1 and even college for that matter is a completely different ballgame then HS.

Let them RS, gain valuable experience, and get stronger. We have Pagano to hold down the fort until Gravina comes back. 197 is an issue. Maybe Pagano can go there after Gravna gets back but he seems small for that weight.
Yep. Trey Rogers was a Minnesota State champ and multiple-time place winner. He was one of Hofstra's top recruits. There are a lot of studs on these D1 teams.

I wish Rowan had a D3 wrestling team at least. There's so much wrestling talent in South Jersey that they'd probably have a dominant D3 program if they did.

ADVERTISEMENT