ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Schedule 2nd half

Jaroslav Hasek

Sophomore
Apr 30, 2014
No Scuffle or Midlands for RU, which means next up is Iowa and then 2 months of duals until the B1G tournament and the NCAAs.

1) Iowa
14) Illinois
2) Minn
4) PSU
Maryland
13) Nebraska
Navy
7) tOSU
19) Wisc
20) NW
Princeton
Drexel

that's a pretty gnarly line up of Big Ten teams. i'm thinking no worse than 4-8, with 6-6 as a goal to shoot for and anything better would entail a pretty major upset.

There's a month between Northwestern and the Big tourney so that should give the team a little time to catch their breath and heal up, with no disrespect intended to Princeton or Drexel.

looking forward to the second half of the season.

14 wrestlers are registered for Wilkes open 12/28/2014 (according to Track).

Andrew Camp
Nick Gravina
Hayden Hrymack
Sean McCabe
Anthony Messner
Ralph Normandia
Ethan Orr
Nicholas Ottaviano
Anthony Pafumi
Joshua Patrick
Jalen Ramos
Michael Simmons
William Smith
Nicholas Visicaro

It has also been mentioned that a handful of wrestlers might be going out to Midlands, namely Anthony Girialdo, Tyson Dippery and some other Redshirts. We were also told this last year and no one ended up going out.

Welcome to Big Ten wrestling!! There is absolutely ZERO doubt about the quality of wrestling in this conference and if you win here, you can win at nationals. Wish you the best of luck and look forward to having some great wrestling conversations. The Iowa wrestling board is full of great wrestling fans and I'm sure any of you will be welcomed as I have been. Again, welcome to the Big and great success in the future.

Looks like we are losing a true freshman. Vinny Corsaro Indiana 3x state finalist is transferring to IU.

@king_corsaro: Due to personal reasons, I'm officially transferring to Indiana University for the spring semester.

Vinny was a good kid, but buried behind Orr, Gravina, Bakuckas, etc. Was very into his music and big ten wrestling was not going to be easy transition.

Originally posted by josh1728:
Vinny was a good kid, but buried behind Orr, Gravina, Bakuckas, etc. Was very into his music and big ten wrestling was not going to be easy transition.

He's not leaving the B1G. Can you transfer in league and not sit out? $$$$

This post was edited on 12/23 10:17 PM by dollarbill

even with a release he will have to sit out. But that makes him eligible January 2016, so this is burning only first semester of a year. I will be surprised to see him wrestling at Indiana all four years.

Read somewhere a kid Wllie Scott from brick is committed to RU. Don't know much about him. 160 pounder.

ADVERTISEMENT