ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Schedule Release

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone have any idea when RU Wrestling will release their full schedule? I'm assuming we are wrestling in Grapple at the Garden, Midlands and Princeton at Jadwin, but anyone in the know have any idea our road OOC schedule?

Anyone catch on Twitter Rider coach calling RU out for not wrestling them? I am on the side of wanting to wrestle them every year.

He has been doing that for years. Did that to me in the airport to me when flying back from last year's NCAAs

Anyone catch on Twitter Rider coach calling RU out for not wrestling them? I am on the side of wanting to wrestle them every year.
:thumbsdown:
They've been doing this for years now on Twitter & I'm good with not wrestling them just for that alone.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Anyone have any idea when RU Wrestling will release their full schedule? I'm assuming we are wrestling in Grapple at the Garden, Midlands and Princeton at Jadwin, but anyone in the know have any idea our road OOC schedule?
Any day now? Michigan released yesterday & tOSU today. Both host ASU. Princeton is holding an open tourney on 11/4, the day before the NWCA All-Star, & tOSU is going. We'll be at Yankee Stadium.

I guess I just feel like putting a beating on them annually would be a better way to show them to shove it.
Seriously. RU has beaten Lehigh, Cornell, Nebraska, Illinois, and Oklahoma in recent years, and Rider's staff has the stones to call the real RU out? Maybe you're right...show them no mercy...blast them back to the Stone Age in front of 3k at the RAC and then they'd get the message.

I've been told that the GATG will be radically altered this year. Part of the reason, allegedly, is that MSG lost its bid for nationals to return there because of squawking from a certain B1G school fan base about the NYC location. You can probably guess which program.

Awesome schedule...UVA, Oklahoma and UNC OOC. Very challenging schedule indeed. Disappointed that we aren't in GATG though.
I too like the UVA, OU & UNC OOC matches. Is the GATG even happening this year, as I haven't heard/seen anything about it? Seems like we added the Army Invitational instead

I've been told that the GATG will be radically altered this year. Part of the reason, allegedly, is that MSG lost its bid for nationals to return there because of squawking from a certain B1G school fan base about the NYC location. You can probably guess which program.
Hmmm, well, we know it wasn't Rutgers or tOSU...I wonder who....

How will GATG be changed? Is it even happening?

I wish nationals would come back to philly. Great location for nationals. The whole entertainment complex next to the stadium and easy accessibility to it makes better then msg imo. Msg was great but it's not easy to just drive and get there.

Hmmm, well, we know it wasn't Rutgers or tOSU...I wonder who....

How will GATG be changed? Is it even happening?

My understanding is it will be scaled way back and held in the Theater at MSG and not MSG proper. Think black and yellow.

I wish nationals would come back to philly. Great location for nationals. The whole entertainment complex next to the stadium and easy accessibility to it makes better then msg imo. Msg was great but it's not easy to just drive and get there.

Same group opposes Philly. They want it in St. Louis permanently but really complained about Philly also. I like MSG because you can take a train there. I've talked to people that stayed in NJ for 2016 and took either trains or buses into the city and loved the setup.

My understanding is it will be scaled way back and held in the Theater at MSG and not MSG proper. Think black and yellow.

Same group opposes Philly. They want it in St. Louis permanently but really complained about Philly also. I like MSG because you can take a train there. I've talked to people that stayed in NJ for 2016 and took either trains or buses into the city and loved the setup.
Oh, I figured it was after what they did with the national duals last season.

Its a shame about MSG not getting the nationals. It was a great event, Very cool to come out of Penn Station and see huge crowds all wearing their school colors.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I'm a bit annoyed that MSG won't be hosting any time soon. I thought they did a fantastic job. Such a great time.
They did do a top notch job didn't they. It was very well organized. Had a great time. It is sad that they won't be holding it again. I guess not every fan base can afford a weekend in the city.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Its a shame about MSG not getting the nationals. It was a great event, Very cool to come out of Penn Station and see huge crowds all wearing their school colors.
Especially all that green and white.$$$$

They did do a top notch job didn't they. It was very well organized. Had a great time. It is sad that they won't be holding it again. I guess not every fan base can afford a weekend in the city.

Some of the Iowa folks loved it - at least the ones that made the trip. Their overall perspective is that the NCAA should have the tournament someplace they can easily drive to - forgetting about the rest of college wrestling fans, unfortunately.

We are going to have a very long home season this year. Going undefeated at home last year was great, this year............

We are going to have a very long home season this year. Going undefeated at home last year was great, this year............

It's like year 1 (2014-15) all over again. B1G definitely has given Rutgers a unbalanced year-to-year home schedule, which kind of sucks. On the other hand, Rutgers might have the best home schedule of any college wrestling team. It definitely helped bring me back as a season ticket holder. But, yeah, Penn State, Iowa, Ohio State and Minnesota in one year is kind of brutal. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? :)

Reactions: RC1978
:thumbsdown:
They've been doing this for years now on Twitter & I'm good with not wrestling them just for that alone.
I don't understand why Rutgers won't just Wrestle rider. Penn State wrestles Lehigh annually and Lockhaven most years and is a huge in-state rivalry that people want to say. Rutgers is clearly afraid of rider

I don't understand why Rutgers won't just Wrestle rider. Penn State wrestles Lehigh annually and Lockhaven most years and is a huge in-state rivalry that people want to say. Rutgers is clearly afraid of rider
Nice try.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT