ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Weight Change Rumor

mkingsland

Redshirt
Jun 20, 2016
Heard Dippery is trying to cut to 133. Pretty big drop, but he could be tough if he manages it well.

Heard Dippery is trying to cut to 133. Pretty big drop, but he could be tough if he manages it well.

Admire his will to try and make the starting roster. Cutting massive amounts of weight takes a toll. Wanted to give Giraldo a hamburger most of last year.

Last edited:
As far as I know there has never been any plan for Theo or Ash to move, since they both have the highest potential at current weights. So those are the big road blocks.

The more interesting thing will be whether Lewis is also staying at 157, or if he is going up to 165, with the assumption that Giraldo goes to the other weight. I tend to think both of them would be best at 157.

Wow. That's a big cut. I don't think he's seen 133 since sometime in early 2012.
This can't be healthy for Dippery... Plus Del is tough I can't see Dipp beating him out. Dip Should just back up Ash this year and fight for 49 when Theo graduates.

This can't be healthy for Dippery... Plus Del is tough I can't see Dipp beating him out. Dip Should just back up Ash this year and fight for 49 when Theo graduates.

Any thoughts/predictions on the lineup for this season?

I'll go with:
125 McCabe
133 DelVecchio
141 Ashnault
149 Theobold
157 Giraldo
165 Lewis
174 Grello
184 Gravina
197 Mulligan
HWT Gross

I take it Giraldo was cutting a ton of weight last year? 3 weightclasses seems like a huge jump up, but Rodriguez from Illinois showed it was doable after going up to 165 from 141 and taking 4th after never previously earning all american status.

Expect to see Lewis at 157 & Grello @ 165. Hope Mulligan redshirts as he is not college ready. Expect Dippery and Giralo to be super subs. Two great kids that can help us at many weights. Who knows when injuries will happen. Would be nice if Correnti red shirts as he can be something special

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
My Guess

125 McCabe
133 DelVecchio
141 Ashnault
149 Theobold/Dippery
157 Giraldo/Dippery
165 Lewis if he doesn't redshirt, I think he will RS and then it is anyone's guess.
174 Bakuckas
184 Gravina
197 Kremiller/Mulligan
HWT Gross/Normandia

Walsh is a great kid and will work with Grello, Phil B and those guys. Great addition. We also have Tyler Graf.

I agree with Leonard. Milhoff is a bonafide stud at 125. If I'm Goodale I'm doing exactly what Ash and Pike are doing in football/hoops...leaving no stone unturned to make the team that much better.

We have Tyler Graf to coach the 125 pounders through 141. He just missed qualifying for the Olympics and would toy with Milhouf.

Reactions: Leonard23
woof. every year once it's time for kids to start choosing weights and cutting to get there I get flashbacks.

Walsh is a great pick up. he had quite the varied arsenal and always looked for the pin. seemed to either get the fall or have real close matches. not a lot of large margins of victories if I recall. tons of fun to watch. him and Perrotti both. hope a lot of that attitude and technique gets passed down to the incoming class.

Reactions: andegre
Was at practice today. Gross is 245 and knocking off the rust. Has a great attitude and a nice kid. Talked to him at length today. Dip will try to go to 133. At 140 now so look out for that battle. Lewis will probably stay at 147 and Grelo and Parfumi will battle it out for 165. Kids look tough and focused. AA is funny. He wrestled Mulligan today. Mulligan is really tall. More later.

Was at practice today. Gross is 245 and knocking off the rust. Has a great attitude and a nice kid. Talked to him at length today. Dip will try to go to 133. At 140 now so look out for that battle. Lewis will probably stay at 147 and Grelo and Parfumi will battle it out for 165. Kids look tough and focused. AA is funny. He wrestled Mulligan today. Mulligan is really tall. More later.
How does Gravina look at 184? I like him as an AA dark horse in our lineup as he's a really tough out and wrestled some really tough guys at that weight last yr.

My Guess

125 McCabe
133 DelVecchio
141 Ashnault
149 Theobold/Dippery
157 Giraldo/Dippery
165 Lewis if he doesn't redshirt, I think he will RS and then it is anyone's guess.
174 Bakuckas
184 Gravina
197 Kremiller/Mulligan
HWT Gross/Normandia

My 2 day later update with the new information on the board.

125 McCabe
133 DelVecchio/Dippery
141 Ashnault
149 Theobold/Giraldo
157 Lewis - sounds like no redshirt
165 Pafumi - glad he will get a shot to start.
174 Bakuckas
184 Gravina
197 Messina/Kremiller
HWT Gross/Normandia

This allows all our incoming freshman to redshirt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT