ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo Sports - Still not showin RU as a complete lock.

Having Michigan State as out is a bad take.

That’s enough to discredit this entire analysis.

The bubble stinks. Even a loss to Indiana doesn't knock Rutgers far enough down.

Rutgers is a lock.

I mean if this guy is going to try to give a 41 (!) team bubble at this point he's going to need to reach. Realistically the bubble is down to like 12-15 teams right now.

Reactions: Terry_2426
Oregon State is alive? The team that is net 101 and have losses to Portland and Wyoming?

sure - technically only teams currently in top 24 (or so) or teams which already have an auto-bid from their conference tournament victory are "locked"

but, they are locked.

I think if more than half of the high-major conference tournaments go to bid-stealers, it's possible. I don't think that scenario is really worth discussing here, let alone in an article on a serious sports news outlet.

There aren’t that many conferences that can even have bid stealers though. You need your first place team to be good enough for an at-large and the team that wins the tournament not to be.

There aren’t that many conferences that can even have bid stealers though. You need your first place team to be good enough for an at-large and the team that wins the tournament not to be.
Yep what is it, 8 or so left this year? That would pare the at-large spots down to 39 from 47?

After the game, I had to convince a friend who has been watching our teams since the mid 70's that we are in. Some people need to see our name on the selection show to believe it is so.

Reactions: shields
ADVERTISEMENT