ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Yazeed Haynes decommits

I'm going to withhold my reaction until NIL, if any, details come out.

Obviously that alone determines if this is a sign of the end of college football or not.
Because players never decommitted from Rutgers to PSU before dirty dirty NIL corrupted college football.
hahaha Saquan Barkley says hello.

Reactions: OnlyNumbers
hahaha Saquan Barkley says hello.
lets see if the kid is a great get or a bust before acting like he's a Saquan type of player.
Rutgers will be losing commits to so called better programs until it is considered a major force in the B1G
No need to try and act so superior., wasn't so long ago Penn St was looked down upon, but managed to pick up some good talent as players on roster looked for a home without the type of image PSU had at the time

Yes that might not be a problem now, but should never be forgotten so other programs don't act or do like what Penn State did

lets see if the kid is a great get or a bust before acting like he's a Saquan type of player.
Rutgers will be losing commits to so called better programs until it is considered a major force in the B1G
No need to try and act so superior., wasn't so long ago Penn St was looked down upon, but managed to pick up some good talent as players on roster looked for a home without the type of image PSU had at the time

Yes that might not be a problem now, but should never be forgotten so other programs don't act or do like what Penn State did
I never said he be on Saquan level I was just laughing at him saying kids never decommitted to Rutgers prior to NIL.

Recruits in 2022 are just taking advantage of what’s been made available to them. If a school like Rutgers can’t keep up on NIL and other inducements then too bad. College FB and BB have been reduced to Pro minor league systems.

I will start to follow other Olympic Sports more closely now. There is not enough revenue available (yet) to corrupt those sports. Anyone who thought NIL wouldn’t create this situation has no imagination.
It's breaking loose in some Olympic Sports also..There are wrestlers changing schools for 200g and B1G is leading the way..Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan are throwing around big time cash

Reactions: TM94goRU
Surprise surprise Haynes decommits from state penn. Next stop UGA Fran brown in on him.
I feel terrible for Franklin.
GIF by MOODMAN

Anything wrong with accepting a Rutgers admission then reneging because of a late Ivy League admission opp ?

Nothing wrong with looking out for #1. We would all do the same.

Anything wrong with accepting a Rutgers admission then reneging because of a late Ivy League admission opp ?

wow.. be sure to pat yourself on the back with how much you had to bend to find some angle with which to support kids going back on their word.

Screw State Penn, but I can't be happy about this, because this will become increasingly common, and will bite us one day!

With "legal" bagmen able to give gifts to recruits, I think stuff like this will be increasingly common. You no longer need to build a relationship, just outbid the other guy.

While this happened in recruiting before, with the new paradigm, it will be impossible to know before the conformation comes through who is going to be in your recruiting class. I thoroughly expect more surprises leading up to NSD. You will have schools miss on players, ( being outbid), and go buy players from other recruiting classes.

Reactions: RUBlackout7

No, some of us would honor our word.

Reactions: scripts
Nice set of values you have there. Says a lot about you.
And Schiano never, I mean NEVER tries to flip guys. And only in theory of course because Schiano would NEVER do it, those flips who’d then come to RU would all have impeccable character of course. Pot, meet kettle.

Reactions: BLewis1968
No, some of us would honor our word.
B1G adds two California schools just to bring in additional revenue. Asking student athletes to fly 3 time zones to play a conference game just so the university makes more money.

Sorry, I have flipped and am siding with the players to get as much as they can. Adding these schools put me over the edge.

Nice set of values you have there. Says a lot about you.
Ray Rice and Courtney Greene were both Cuse commits. Both reneged on their word and came to The Banks.

Greg reneged on his contract with Rutgers and went to the Bucs - then came back and was welcomed with open arms (like he should have been)

It's part of college football, it's part of life. $$ and opportunity rule the day

Screw State Penn, but I can't be happy about this, because this will become increasingly common, and will bite us one day!

With "legal" bagmen able to give gifts to recruits, I think stuff like this will be increasingly common. You no longer need to build a relationship, just outbid the other guy.

While this happened in recruiting before, with the new paradigm, it will be impossible to know before the conformation comes through who is going to be in your recruiting class. I thoroughly expect more surprises leading up to NSD. You will have schools miss on players, ( being outbid), and go buy players from other recruiting classes.
You do realize this is now his second decommitment? He was now 100%committed to both RU and state penn. He is also now 100% decommitted from both. I wish the kid the best.

Reactions: Knight Shift
You do realize this is now his second decommitment? He was now 100%committed to both RU and state penn. He is also now 100% decommitted from both. I wish the kid the best.
I don't get the commitment/decomitment drama and hatred. Have the people who complain about decommitments ever quit a job and taken a new job because they saw the new job as a better opportunity to advance their career? It's essentially the same situation but with a younger person.

Is he beyond thankful for all of the love and support from the Penn State coaching staff?

I don't get the commitment/decomitment drama and hatred. Have the people who complain about decommitments ever quit a job and taken a new job because they saw the new job as a better opportunity to advance their career? It's essentially the same situation but with a younger person.
Oh sure, use logic. You are not going to be popular anymore. ICEYE

No hatred. It’s the environment we are in. I would rather they decommit then get here and not be good fit. It’s just the drama that comes along with it 1000% committed!!!

Ray Rice and Courtney Greene were both Cuse commits. Both reneged on their word and came to The Banks.

Greg reneged on his contract with Rutgers and went to the Bucs - then came back and was welcomed with open arms (like he should have been)

It's part of college football, it's part of life. $$ and opportunity rule the day

My point
-----------
Your head

But isn’t this guy quitting before spending a day on the job? I’m OK with it, just not crazy about it.

Yes I realize it. If you think that this is just an outlier, well I think you will see a lot more of this. The issue is going to be a lot bigger than one player. It will not be a good thing for players or fans in the long run. I always try to forecast with my posts.

Last edited:
So watching Ray all those years, it bothered you when he was doing well? Louisville wasn't enjoyable? The self-righteous bs on this board is comical at best
I honestly don’t care either way, but those are two different scenarios. They cut ties with the coach.

In other words they committed to something that was no longer going to be committed to them.

ICEYE is a Finnish microsatellite manufacturer. ICEYE was founded in 2014 as a spin-off of Aalto University's University Radio Technology Department, and is based in Espoo. The CEO and co-founder of ICEYE is Rafał Modrzewski. 🤷‍♂️
ICEYE means absolutely nothing. I just made it up to mess with you because you think they are so much F (fun).

think he is probably more trouble than it is worth.. 2 major decommits...
NIL..... you claimed another soul !!! Wherever he goes

Reactions: wolve1972
I honestly don’t care either way, but those are two different scenarios. They cut ties with the coach.

In other words they committed to something that was no longer going to be committed to them.
He committed to the school though

People here act like you fall in love with the school upon first sight and that’s that, regardless of a better situation or possible increase of money

Greg just flat out left his contract and went to a better situation, but when he came back people were thrilled, not giving a shit that he left us high and dry for something better

College football is a business from the players to the coaches, and now more than ever with NIL and legal money being exchanged in exchange for performance

To put it another way, if we all the sudden had a big massive donor on the level of Phil Knight, T Boone Pickens, Jimmy Raine etc. and that donor was buying five stars and flipping them from Alabama and Clemson and Ohio State, and we were going to rose bowls and high-level bowls and playoff appearances possibly, would anyone honestly care? Or what would we be thrilled with the process because we are now on a level playing field as the big boys, whereas before we were being left and not even in the same sentence with no shot I’ve ever reaching that potential

Reactions: Shelby65
To put it another way, if we all the sudden had a big massive donor on the level of Phil Knight, T Boone Pickens, Jimmy Raine etc. and that donor was buying five stars and flipping them from Alabama and Clemson and Ohio State, and we were going to rose bowls and high-level bowls and playoff appearances possibly, would anyone honestly care?
Don't go throwing logic into this emotional conversation. This is no place for sound reasoning.

This is now the way of the college football world - a “verbal commitment “ is now best thought of as merely a place holder. It apparently means “ I’m committed unless and until I get an offer I like better”.
We’re all going to have to get used to it, I suppose. Obviously I have no idea if this particular player will be great, good, decent, or a wash-out in college, but his actions are certainly not unique anymore.
I wonder how all of this, plus unlimited transfers, plus NIL will impact fan interest? Preliminarily, it has negatively impacted mine, but I won’t speak for anyone else.

See you at the home games, renewed my season tix (won’t make game vs Wagner due to a commitment elsewhere - good friend‘s 65th b-day gathering). Still a great entertainment value for the money - Big Ten football at a reasonable cost and distance.

NCAA should have jumped on this once NIL became obvious. Should have come up with limits
$ per person based on sport
$ total per team
$ total one organization or person could donate
Etc

ADVERTISEMENT