ADVERTISEMENT

Year end thoughts

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
As to Harper,the only thing I am certain of is that it will be Duke or Rutgers and I would be very surprised if it happened this weekend. I also think he will be a 2-year player.Again,NIL is a factor,but not the factor.

The OSU hoops game time is dependent on the NFL schedule and it could be the noon channel 5 Fox game.

As I previously posted and in most future years,one or 2 of Duke,UConn or Cause will be in the Jimmy V. It looks like UConn next year and they apparently will be playing 5 MSG games,which includes the Empire Classic. I have worked very hard on getting Rutgers considered,but it is very difficult unfortunately.Loads of reasons, but having the Michigan State game with 10000 plus will definitely be helpful.MSG is tentatively not going to sell the entire Garden from what I am hearing unless there is a large advance sale.Only certain sections are being sold as of today.

As to Harper,the only thing I am certain of is that it will be Duke or Rutgers and I would be very surprised if it happened this weekend. I also think he will be a 2-year player.Again,NIL is a factor,but not the factor.

The OSU hoops game time is dependent on the NFL schedule and it could be the noon channel 5 Fox game.

As I previously posted and in most future years,one or 2 of Duke,UConn or Cause will be in the Jimmy V. It looks like UConn next year and they apparently will be playing 5 MSG games,which includes the Empire Classic. I have worked very hard on getting Rutgers considered,but it is very difficult unfortunately.Loads of reasons, but having the Michigan State game with 10000 plus will definitely be helpful.MSG is tentatively not going to sell the entire Garden from what I am hearing unless there is a large advance sale.Only certain sections are being sold as of today.
I think that was initially the situation with the Michigan game a couple of years ago. MSG eventually opened more sections as demand increased.

Do you concur with the Duke 24/7 mods that Duke has made up considerable ground recently in the Dylan Harper sweepstakes?

I am glad they didn't, but why not include the MSG game as part of the season ticket package.

I am guessing a lot had to do with not knowing if the game was going to be at MSG.

RU could have built $250 per seat (at least for 100s) in to the season ticket plan and no one could have balked.

I am glad they didn't, but why not include the MSG game as part of the season ticket package.

I am guessing a lot had to do with not knowing if the game was going to be at MSG.

RU could have built $250 per seat (at least for 100s) in to the season ticket plan and no one could have balked.

Even factoring in the pro rata seat donation at the RAC, $250 for a single ticket would be three times as much as a single seat in the 100s at the RAC. I think you are wrong when you say no one would have balked at that.

Now explain this to me.

I paid 50 per ticket for msg, the most expensive ticket was 175. Why would I have wanted to pay an extra 200 for msg ticket.

And then they’d bring the price back down next season?

Or Dante Jones
I disagree it hurts worse. We're a proven team now. In those days, we were more desperate. It would still be painful though.

Maybe I'm naive but I would think that the chance to play with Griffiths and possibly Bailey to create history and be a legend would be a tough opportunity to pass up.

Eff Duke.

This one would hurt worse then Jay Williams or Lance Thomas
Williams would still be the worst for two reasons

Some consider him one of the best guards to ever play the game, he was that good

And we really had won the recruiting battle for him and then had it pulled away late

With Dylan it has always been more of a 50/50 thing

Reactions: rubigtimenow

I think the mystique of Duke being the premier ticket to being a top NBA draft pick is over rated. Going to Murray St didn’t hurt Ja Morant and going to Dayton didn’t hurt Obi Toppin. There are many other examples. If you’re talented the NBA will find you.

I think the mystique of Duke being the premier ticket to being a top NBA draft pick is over rated. Going to Murray St didn’t hurt Ja Morant and going to Dayton didn’t hurt Obi Toppin. There are many other examples. If you’re talented the NBA will find you.
Absolutely.

Not to mention that if he comes here he slides into a starting spot and gets 30 plus minutes. He may start for Duke but he is surrounded by other 5 star players who will get time
If he wants to be assured to showcase his talent, that happens here

Williams would still be the worst for two reasons

Some consider him one of the best guards to ever play the game, he was that good

And we really had won the recruiting battle for him and then had it pulled away late

With Dylan it has always been more of a 50/50 thing?
I'd push back on one of the best ever. Who claims that?

Reactions: RUby RED
I'd push back on one of the best ever. Who claims that?
There was a discussion about him here a while back and a couple of posters thought so

I personally can't say that because I did not follow his high school or college career closely
There was a huge article in the Record I think, that declared he would be the biggest recruit and landscape changing player for RU

There was a discussion about him here a while back and a couple of posters thought so

I personally can't say that because I did not follow his high school or college career closely
There was a huge article in the Record I think, that declared he would be the biggest recruit and landscape changing player for RU
Oh no doubt he would have been massive for us. But I remember on some really talented Duke teams they disappointed a bunch in the tourney (did win 1 though - but that team was loaded). I remember him being a great penetrator and scorer but he turned it over basically for every assist and was bad at the line, and in some crucial moments too. A really good player but "best ever" is MJ, Magic territory. I understand the tragic injury but you can't extrapolate to best ever - could he have been if he stayed healthy? I don't know. Compare his 1st year stats as a 21 yr old to LeBron's as a teenager.

Reactions: wheezer
ADVERTISEMENT