ADVERTISEMENT

Yeboah

chrisru99

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
I’m really worried about the loss of this kids production and leadership on and off the court. He was huge in many games last year. How are we going to replace him?

I’m really worried about the loss of this kids production and leadership on and off the court. He was huge in many games last year. How are we going to replace him?

Yeboah brought a lot of leadership to a generally young team last year, as one of just 3 upperclassmen in the top 8 rotational players (Baker, Yeboah, Young). This year, though, we're returning 6 upperclassmen from the top 8 rotational players of last year, and leadership/maturity should be a stronger suit for us.

We also have a lot more competition at the 4 this year than last - which should also bode well as the year goes on.

Reactions: cm_13
Harper should be considered one of the RU players that should make their presence felt on the floor and as a team leader. He should fill in nicely .
Young and Geo shouldn't be counted out as more than adaquate leaders of team and Young's game improving enough to make this team even better than Yeboah helped make last year's squad.

I agree. He got us out of some scoring droughts and was a tough rebounder and strong driver. However, improved shooting, Omoruyi, and the added depth at the forward spot with the other new freshmen, and Geo's leadership should have us at least on par with last year. We have a lot of quality players so I have no doubt that we'll be in the top half of the B10.

Reactions: satnom
Hopefully McConnell can fill in well with more consistent production. I also think/hope we get some good production out of Oskar. Transferring in midway thru last season should helped him immensely.

Reactions: littlenis5
Yeboah was great, but we have some guys with great upside potential. I’m not concerned.

Yeboah was awesome. The vet we needed as our core transitioned into upper class men. Geo, Jacob, tez, Ron and crew will be able to more than step up and fill that void. Caleb also is someone who I think, now with hitting a struggle last year but also showing amazing talent when he started in lieu of Geos injury, will be HUGE. I wouldn’t fret but what he did for us was awesome.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Every year teams lose good players and need to find replacements for them. The really good teams just reload each year. Yeboah was a very special player and was so respected by his teammates but I believe we have a lot of experience returning and our guys keep working and improving. Steve Pikiell is on top of everything as is his entire staff. I think we will be fine.

He was solid last year, especially in B1G play. He was an offensive threat, made his free throws, helped out on the defensive glass and didnt make mistakes. He did exactly what the team needed.

If Harper continues on a normal progression. If Cliff helps us get 40 minutes out of Myles production. If 1+ of the wing newcomers can give us 10-15 minutes, being an offensive threat and not being a huge liability on D we will not miss a beat.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Yeboah was very important last year, but relative to previous departures under Pike he is probably the least significant to replace. Replacing Corey and then Eugene felt like much bigger hurdles to our success and in both cases the team kept forward. Hopefully Caleb is ready to slide into the defense and corner 3 role and can give us an upgrade from that spot with his off the bounce ability.

We had a seriously good recruiting class for a school that does not secretly pay players or give relatives jobs. Yeboah was a nice addition to last season's class but our roster is considerably more talented this year. As it turned out, we were a little thin at guard when Corey left early but had better chemistry and flow without him. Had Eugene stayed, it would have slowed the development of others. Maybe we will see him again in the NCAA's.

ADVERTISEMENT