ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes! Rutgers +37

True story: I was on the crapper a couple hours wondering about the line... I was guessing between 22 and 28 with tOSU favored.

Take the points, lol. Only drama to me is whether Meyer pulls up a little on the gas pedal when they go up 30+. Yeah, I know "anything can happen," "that's why they play the games," "on any given Sunday (Saturday in this case)," etc., but I just have a hard time seeing us being competitive with OSU.

I'm sure our injury situation didn't help those numbers in our favor.

It's going to be bad. Real bad. Meyer won't take his foot of the gas petal the whole game.

Just for kicks, what do you say we all chip in and put a "sideline bounty" on Schiano, you know, sit him down once, or twice? Would that be an impermissible benefit? Would that be wrong?

Reactions: ru75
Just for kicks, what do you say we all chip in and put a "sideline bounty" on Schiano, you know, sit him down once, or twice? Would that be an impermissible benefit? Would that be wrong?
He is in the both. CL doesn't have the arm to reach him.

Reactions: G-Bake
Rutgers will cover since Laviano is not going to throw much so TOs will be taken off the table.

Rutgers has to make the game even more boring than Iowa. Boring is very good next week.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
I wonder if that +37 will actually go up as the week goes on? -With the loss of Lambert, and especially Grant, of course, I doubt there's anybody out there who doesn't believe RU is going to get slaughtered come Saturday. (Would love for them to be proven completely wrong, but....)

I know, but he's not always playing against a former staff DC...

I don't see him trying to run the score up on Ash. The issue here is that he wants all of his kids playing hard and many of the backups/substitutes were challenging for starting spots right up to the first game and still want the chance to show they are worthy of starting. In many cases, there is little - if any - drop off in the talent level when many of the OSU backups enter the game.

Can't be all that bad. I mean playing OSU after a week off - with your old coach as DC - and missing a couple of your only good players is no reason to feel dire lol

Take the points, lol. Only drama to me is whether Meyer pulls up a little on the gas pedal when they go up 30+. Yeah, I know "anything can happen," "that's why they play the games," "on any given Sunday (Saturday in this case)," etc., but I just have a hard time seeing us being competitive with OSU.
Will not. Urban being Urban isn't a phrase for nothing

It would probably be in the 40s if we didn't have their former coach as our coach. Meyer will take it easy on us as a gesture of good will for sticking with the program after the bowl game.

We might lose because OSU's offense is so potent, but we're going to run all over their defense because I've been constantly told that their DC can't coach.

Reactions: G-Bake
Those who say Urban never lets up apparently didn't see the Oklahoma game. tOSU could have hung another touchdown on them at the end, but with a first down on a gassed OU's twelve yard line and a little over a minute to go, Urban had his O go into the victory formation and take three knees to ice it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT