ADVERTISEMENT

Young’s performance one for the ages

Young played his best and most important game as a Scarlet Knight.

Going to need him to keep it up as well as contributions from the rest of the 7 if we want to make a deep run in the tournament.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
That’s the reason we locked up an ncaa bid today . This will live on in rutgers lore . Probably the gutsiest and best performance of any rutgers player in the past 40 years, considering what was on the line.

End of story .
The unsung part of his game was taking Carr out of his game early. It took Carr u til the final minutes of regulation to get going.

Such a monster game by our best player.

Need to ride JY and Myles all the way through March

Someone said this week in this board that they thought young was the true leader of this team but he was being held back.

Well, Geo had his shot and didn't come through end if regulation. And I'm not knocking Geo, he had some good shots, but:

In OT, we let Young be the leader, and he came through in a HUGE way.

We’ll obviously remember Young’s OT performance, but his overall game today was so complete. 23 points and 7 assists is incredible — and there could have easily been another 2-3 assists if Myles could finish around the basket. But the defense on Carr was probably what impressed me the most.

Someone said this week in this board that they thought young was the true leader of this team but he was being held back.

Well, Geo had his shot and didn't come through end if regulation. And I'm not knocking Geo, he had some good shots, but:

Why didn’t Pike give Young the ball on final play of regulation instead of Geo?

Young would have gotten into the paint and created a scoring opportunity.

Why didn’t Pike give Young the ball on final play of regulation instead of Geo?

Young would have gotten into the paint and created a scoring opportunity.

:)

Jacob was the MAN today. His defense on Carr was more than anyone could ever imagine. He was huge the entire game scoring 23 points and so many assists. He completely took over in overtime. He was the one guy who really stepped up today. Mathis played really well off the bench. Myles had 14 rebounds and everyone contributed. We tightened up the last few minutes in regulation as I think we felt the pressure of making the NCAA but Jacob would not be denied. Some guys ripped him several times this season and said he should not be playing so much but he showed what he is capable of doing today. I personally hope he, Geo and Myles all return next season.

Jacob was the MAN today. His defense on Carr was more than anyone could ever imagine. He was huge the entire game scoring 23 points and so many assists. He completely took over in overtime. He was the one guy who really stepped up today. Mathis played really well off the bench. Myles had 14 rebounds and everyone contributed. We tightened up the last few minutes in regulation as I think we felt the pressure of making the NCAA but Jacob would not be denied. Some guys ripped him several times this season and said he should not be playing so much but he showed what he is capable of doing today. I personally hope he, Geo and Myles all return next season.

Richie said that Young is gone, Geo 70% gone and Myles returns.

Reactions: RUBlackout
I was thinking of starting a thank you thread, but am glad to see one going strong. That steal at the end of regulation saved the game and quite possibly is the reason the NCAA drought will be over in 8 days. Thank you, Jacob!

True. MN was getting a breakaway layup for the win if not for Youngs steal. Saved the season.

amazing game!! dominated the OT

waiting for some jack ass to complain he shot an air ball on his one 3 pointer 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: LeapinLou
That’s the reason we locked up an ncaa bid today . This will live on in rutgers lore . Probably the gutsiest and best performance of any rutgers player in the past 40 years, considering what was on the line.

End of story .

Young assisted, scored and stole his way into RU history!

JY was / is money.., probably the best transfer we've had either in basketball or football: keep the portal open!~

MO

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT