ADVERTISEMENT

OT: YOUR favorite album of all time...

Sep 11, 2006
There is an active thread on this board about the best albums where all songs are good... if you look that over for reminders/suggestions what I am asking for is YOUR VOTE of which is the best album TO YOU.. not what other people or experts think... just one album... and I hope, if this is active.. to compile a list and see what albums got the most mentions...

Of course choosing one might be very hard... but when I went down that other thread and saw London Calling.. it spoke to me. I loved that album. That is my "vote".

EDIT: I can see people are hedging.. pick ONE please...

Last edited:
Frank Black by Frank Black. The lead singer of the Pixies. Most if his stuff is really good but this album is a classic. I could have listed this one in the other thread as well. First heard it during a great time in my life and I like every song

SBhAGXB.jpg

would you say an album where you liked all songs is better than an album where you absolutely loved most of the songs, but a couple were meh?
There are some of those but these three...I never skip any song. (Back in the day when you would pop in a CD)

The Killers — Sam’s Town

The right album at the right time by my favorite band. Saw them in their hometown of Vegas and many other stops. One of my first dates with the woman who became my wife.

Reactions: Andy117
Very hard question, since I had about 30 albums in the other thread, lol. If I truly had to pick one album to be stuck with on a desert island, it would probably be Revolver, by the Beatles (and I'm not even sure it's my favorite Beatles album, lol). I just have to list my next 5, though, which would probably include Nirvana's "Nevermind," Neil Young's "Live Rust," Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust," the English Beat's "Just Can't Stop It" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon."

There are some of those but these three...I never skip any song. (Back in the day when you would pop in a CD)
Youngster. Back in the day, I would put the album on the turntable - where it was a lot harder to skip a song, lol. Album covers also made it easy to clean one's weed from seeds. An interesting thread might be favorite album cover - might have to be Sergeant Pepper.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Just like the every song is good thread, this is tough, I think it is tougher. My pick is Van Halen 1. Honorable mentions Guns N Roses- Appetite for Destruction, Def Leppard- High-N- Dry, Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, Matchbox 20- Yourself or Someone like you, Alice in Chains- Dirt.

Reactions: phlop87
Just like the every song is good thread, this is tough, I think it is tougher. My pick is Van Halen 1. Honorable mentions Guns N Roses- Appetite for Destruction, Def Leppard- High-N- Dry, Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, Matchbox 20- Yourself or Someone like you, Alice in Chains- Dirt.
Gotta say, Matchbox 20 really sticks out like the sentence that doesn't belong 😀

Not a criticism, but I felt like I was getting a feel for your style, then ...huh?

Youngster. Back in the day, I would put the album on the turntable - where it was a lot harder to skip a song, lol. Album covers also made it easy to clean one's weed from seeds. An interesting thread might be favorite album cover - might have to be Sergeant Pepper.

Album cover? King Crimson - "Court of the Crimson King" , easily.

Gotta say, Matchbox 20 really sticks out like the sentence that doesn't belong 😀

Not a criticism, but I felt like I was getting a feel for your style, then ...huh?
I could have added many more. While my favorite music is hard rock, I do listen to a bit of everything. I go from classical to metal, alternative to country. 😆

Reactions: fsg2
favorite album cover

092bec264e1c4ff0638c2fd324bb641a.jpg

front and back unfolded. unfortunately, the satellite in the sky isn't really visible as in person holding the album.

5525f458c014c30927abc21a19b67c38.jpg

favorite album Mount Rushmore, in no particular order,

Alchemy, Dire Straits Live

Leonard Cohen, Songs Of

Born To Run

Moody Blues greatest hits,

Reactions: BuckRU

why the album covers that opened were better. (at least that's what a friend told me).

Last edited:
Wow, thats difficult. I think its constantly changing as my mood changes. But the album that I keep going back to is Marillion - Clutching at Straws.

Some honorable mentions: Live - Throwing Copper, Rush - Signals, Yes - The Yes Album, Queensryche - Empire

Reactions: RUScrew85
After The Gold Rush - Neil Young

Favorite Album Cover - No Secrets, Carly Simon
Sorry but I can't figure out how to post pictures but I can post the video which shows the cover.
As I young man then you'll quickly see why this was a favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT