ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Crisler - 2019 Recruit at the Rutgers - Iowa Game

This kid looks like another good scorer but man, when you look at the kids visiting and try to determine which one you press the most to get in 2019; it’s getting really difficult. What you have to like about this kid is that he’s 6-9 with a jump shot. If he could become a decent post player, he could be a great asset. Would we take Dixon or this kid? Dixon has some better offers but I could several schools entering the picture making a run at this kid next year.

My new motto for Rutgers basketball:

“So many recruits.... so few spots left”

TCU is the only current high-major offer, probably from Jamie Dixon's old Pennsylvania ties.

247 has him just outside the top 100 for 2019 in their own rankings, meanwhile Rivals doesn't have a page for him as far as I can tell, so he doesn't have a composite score.

Article I found says he has family ties to Penn State (his grandfather played football there) and described himself as a big fan of theirs, so it may be tough if they get seriously involved.

TCU is the only current high-major offer, probably from Jamie Dixon's old Pennsylvania ties.

247 has him just outside the top 100 for 2019 in their own rankings, meanwhile Rivals doesn't have a page for him as far as I can tell, so he doesn't have a composite score.

Article I found says he has family ties to Penn State (his grandfather played football there) and described himself as a big fan of theirs, so it may be tough if they get seriously involved.
Yes. I saw that plus an interview with him. Kid likes state penn so that could be tough. I think more schools enter the picture next year. He looks like he’s getting better and better.

I looked at the 14 B1G teams. Only Rutgers, Minnesota and Indiana play with a 4 that doesn't shoot 3s. 11 teams have in their starting lineups 4 or more threats from 3.

I really think going forward recruiting has to be with 4s that can shoot it. You can kill Freeman for taking and missing 3s, but to really open things up you need guys cpable of taking and making perimeter shots.

I looked at the 14 B1G teams. Only Rutgers, Minnesota and Indiana play with a 4 that doesn't shoot 3s. 11 teams have in their starting lineups 4 or more threats from 3.

I really think going forward recruiting has to be with 4s that can shoot it. You can kill Freeman for taking and missing 3s, but to really open things up you need guys cpable of taking and making perimeter shots.

A stretch 4 is one of the most valuable assets in Basketball today. It opens up so many possibilities on offense.

It's amazing how the game has evolved from a traditional 4 who played with his back to the basket.

I hope he likes pat Chambers.....because his contract is up '18-'19 and if he doesn't get an extension quick you know who is NOT going to be his coach.

A stretch 4 is one of the most valuable assets in Basketball today. It opens up so many possibilities on offense.
almost a necessity

It is really important ....unless

1.) you really have guys at each of the 1,2, and 3 that can really shoot the ball.

2.) if the high post guy cant shoot the three.m, he needs to be a threat to put it on the deck and take it to the rim from the perimeter off the high ball screens he sets.

Per kenpom, Michigan state runs a 4 that cant doesn't shoot threes 68% of the time. I don't think that it's a necessity and I think we will be in good shape if Omoruyi and Carter plan out the way some think they will.

If you have a stretch 4 it does not mean he plays the entire game. You can have a traditional 4 that works that lane / low post and then have a 2nd 4 that can stretch the floor. That combination just makes your team harder to defend.

Reactions: BoxStater
Per kenpom, Michigan state runs a 4 that cant doesn't shoot threes 68% of the time. I don't think that it's a necessity and I think we will be in good shape if Omoruyi and Carter plan out the way some think they will.

Maybe so but MSU’s 5, Jackson, shoots 43% from 3 and has made 23 this season.

But this is where player development is crucial. Ducoure has the potential to develop into a shooter.

Duke should be able to knock down threes. He just needs confidence. The stroke is there.

Agreed!
It’s crazy in this “1 & done era” how so little faith & patience is put into player development.

Just think that there was once a time when Doucore nor Duke’s Marvin Bagley III would’ve not even been eligible to play in a college game for another 2 years from now.

Ward, Schilling, Tilllman and Goins are only bigs that don't shoot the 3...add their minutes up and you get a hair over 40.

An issue is the fact that Tum Tum plays 20 MPG as PG and isn't an offensive threat.

Let's cut right to the chase. In March you will see
winston, langford bridges jackson and ward.
tum tum plays 15 MPG
schilling/tillman 15MPG
mcQuaid 15MPG

Reactions: BoxStater
Ward, Schilling, Tilllman and Goins are only bigs that don't shoot the 3...add their minutes up and you get a hair over 40.

An issue is the fact that Tum Tum plays 20 MPG as PG and isn't an offensive threat.

tum tum plays 15 MPG
schilling/tillman 15MPG
mcQuaid 15MPG

Yep & technically it’s Bridges that’s the worst shooting from 3 of that starting 5. Although Ward is just 1-1 from 3 this season but I think you’re point is well taken that basically opponents will have to assume that any of MSU’s starting 5 can knock down an open 3 although Ward is unlikely, he’s the only one.

tum tum plays 15 MPG
schilling/tillman 15MPG
mcQuaid 15MPG
All i said was what i read from kenpom. You take out Bridges and everyone who they list plays PF minutes is combined 3-6 on the season from 3. If you wanna consider jackson a PF and ward the center id even probably agree. Just reading what im seeing

Crisler already has an offer from PSU.

Committed to Rice today so I'm thinking any high-major offers he had may not have been committable.

Committed to Rice today so I'm thinking any high-major offers he had may not have been committable.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/4431936/zach-crisler

This is a good safe pick up by former RU assistant Jay Young up at Fairfield. Kid had limited minutes down at Rice this past year as a frosh, but a small sample size of numbers should project out with more minutes per game at Fairfield in the MAC. It would not shock me to see Crisler in double figure scoring with good shooting % from 3.

Reactions: ancienthooper
ADVERTISEMENT