ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire Kitchen interview

Randal7

All American
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2009
Boardwalk Sports Talk speaks to Rutgers fan favorite Zaire Kitchen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...emotional-roller/id1544327445?i=1000510571918

Personally, this was a bucket list one for me. I've been waiting 14 years to ask Zaire the question,

"What did Schiano say at halftime of UL 06 that compelled you to run through Harry Douglas on that kickoff return to start the 2h?"

5b7c331160b02.image.jpg

He hit like a TON of Bricks. When a Big hit had been made I always looked to verify that # 29 had made it.

I love that kid. He lived in my town & went to school with my oldest. Was over the house a few times for BBQs. When RU honored the 2007 team a few years ago he came back to tailgate with us. City Streets bar in East Windsor still has his Rutgers jersey hanging above the bar.

MrScrew & I sit in section 207 ...we heard that hit loud & clear up there. Can still hear it if I think about it

Loved that guy. Did anyone else always say “get outta my kitchen” with their RU football crew after every big hit of his?

No, that was just us? OK then.

Reactions: Randal7
I love that kid. He lived in my town & went to school with my oldest. Was over the house a few times for BBQs. When RU honored the 2007 team a few years ago he came back to tailgate with us. City Streets bar in East Windsor still has his Rutgers jersey hanging above the bar.

MrScrew & I sit in section 207 ...we heard that hit loud & clear up there. Can still hear it if I think about it

Yeah he's a beast. "Mission minded". He's a special agent now in D.C. Can't think of a better job. Feel really safe knowing he's out there

ADVERTISEMENT