ADVERTISEMENT

“Thank you fans”

I resemble that remark
Thank you!
Was great sitting in a sea of red @ a road game. Got to meet Jordan Thompson's family also. Really nice folks. I root for all the guys but will give an extra shout out to JT going forward. See you in P-way next week Mr. T.
Thanks for representin’. The tv crew made it look like 3 RU fans were there.

Thanks for representin’. The tv crew made it look like 3 RU fans were there.
It was ACC homer treatment all day so I'm not shocked. Can't believe we overcame the horrific officiating. I am NOT saying it was incompetence. Lucky they didn't get someone seriously injured in scrambles for phantom fumbles. Embarrassed for them.

Reactions: 76Scarlet
It was ACC homer treatment all day so I'm not shocked. Can't believe we overcame the horrific officiating. I am NOT saying it was incompetence. Lucky they didn't get someone seriously injured in scrambles for phantom fumbles. Embarrassed for them.
I can’t really complain about the refs - they called THREE (3) ineligible men downfield calls against BC … if that happened to us there’d be people on here writing letters to the NCAA offices

The officials were from the Big Ten.

I can’t really complain about the refs - they called THREE (3) ineligible men downfield calls against BC … if that happened to us there’d be people on here writing letters to the NCAA offices
Because Greg crucified them after NOT calling one that led to a TD in the 1st half. Calls were legit.

• Angry
Reactions: FrankieRU

Thought they missed a PI in the 3rd quarter. On a fade to the end zone corner, the DB ran the receiver out of bounds; no play on the ball, just bull dozed him out of bounds.

In general not terrible though.

Kudos to the coach who ran down the player after the game who appeared to be ready to do something with the sword and the BC logo.

I'm sure he was wrapped up in the moment, but glad we sidestepped that.
Saw the coach catch Youngblood (and me and my group were yelling at him to stay classy and not provide a Terrell Owen's moment ....I love the exuberance and was glad I made the trip. Boston was amazing and being with RU brethren on a road win in with a hated opponent was PRICELESS!...BTW Nuts great find with Cityside...the walk from there to game and back was scenic, beautiful, leisurely....The W capped an incredible wknd...GO RU

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I was surprised when we got to the seats in RR upper and it was a sea of red. Def a better turn out than I thought. Awesome.

Kudos to the coach who ran down the player after the game who appeared to be ready to do something with the sword and the BC logo.

I'm sure he was wrapped up in the moment, but glad we sidestepped that.
What about 20 of our players laying down posing for a photo on their logo? LOL

What about 20 of our players laying down posing for a photo on their logo? LOL
Thought the same....but kids have to be kids and enjoy the moment they worked so hard for. Again, sorry for redundancy but it was priceless to share in the W with all the fans. I bought tix off some sight and had 4th row behind RU bench....My biggest concern for joing celebration was turning ankle on a Aquafina bottle running thru the stands. DEF enjoyed winning on French turf...😊

Is the rule that the referees from the visitor's conference work a road game between teams in different conferences?
That's actually in the contract the teams sign when they set up these OOC games. Up to both teams, but typically the road team supplies the officials. The question in the eyes of the schools is who is going to pay for the refs. They all know (unlike us passionate fans) that the refs are impartial.

Thought the same....but kids have to be kids and enjoy the moment they worked so hard for. Again, sorry for redundancy but it was priceless to share in the W with all the fans. I bought tix off some sight and had 4th row behind RU bench....My biggest concern for joing celebration was turning ankle on a Aquafina bottle running thru the stands. DEF enjoyed winning on French turf...😊
Funny you mention this. My buddy jumped up when we heard "the result of the play is 1st down Rutgers..." and came down on a water bottle. He's wrapped in ice & Ace today.

Plus, we don’t play them for a while.

Was a Big10 crew officiating

Reactions: Knight Shift
That was even more concerning.
I was screaming like crazy from the Upper Section PP at the Refs for the all the blown calls and the obvious holding by the BC OL.
Hope we don’t have to endure that B1G Officiating Crew again this season.

Which one of you passed me on the Merritt yesterday around 10:30 driving the official RU car (black Honda Accord) with 20 R magnets on it? Well done my friend.

I responded to that in post 13.
Even more of a problem if that level of incompetence is allowed in B1G officiating. The PI calls/non calls and other swings and misses is one thing. But creating the free for alls with the phantom fumble calls is gonna get guys hurt. Neither one was even remotely close. If it is guidance from above to let them be fumbles and sort it out later, that needs to be revisited. Creates unnecessary risk of injury. I'd rather miss out on an actual fumble than end a guys career.

I didn’t have a problem with the refs. They actually probably missed a hold on Dirienzo on our game winning TD. Overall felt they did a good job though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT