ADVERTISEMENT

“Trending towards” a sellout

Who the hell cares about a sell out or not a sell out when the team has been absolute garbage for a decade?! Ya wonder why no one is in the stadium, It’s because the team has been awful for years.
Because it was called a sellout, and this is a sellout thread?

Reactions: MrsScrew
Students did a great job showing up. Upper deck is putrid. North end zone & corner not very full either.

I don't know, I mean, look how packed this upper deck is!

tGOeWRf.jpg

This will impact Nebraska attendance. Another 7pm night game with overhype to wear black. For many casual fans this was the hype game event.

Reactions: MrsScrew
There’s still close to 50,000 in the stadium. Knock it off with the bullshit.

‘Nuts I agree with you on the vast majority of your posts and observations but on this one you are wrong.
I was in the Upper Deck and it was not full ..not even close. The opposite EAST side was the same with the several sections with large areas with no fans. We should be very enthusiastic that despite a 20 B1G Home game losing streak Rutgers can still have 42,000 actual fans in the Stadium on a Saturday night. Sold out yes. Turn out no. Numerous of these tickets were distributed freely to Organizations and Youth groups. Hence not used.

‘Nuts I agree with you on the vast majority of your posts and observations but on this one you are wrong.
I was in the Upper Deck and it was not full ..not even close. The opposite EAST side was the same with the several sections with large areas with no fans. We should be very enthusiastic that despite a 20 B1G Home game losing streak Rutgers can still have 42,000 actual fans in the Stadium on a Saturday night. Sold out yes. Turn out no. Numerous of these tickets were distributed freely to Organizations and Youth groups. Hence not used.
And on tv, there were lots of seats open in the first ten rows or so visible behind the teams on various camera angles.

It was a BS sellout announcement etc. Amateur hour from Rutgers. Both Upper decks were maybe half filled - if that.
Rutgers gave away thousands of tickets for game for the “sellout announcement “ to occur.
Maybe they need to asterisk “sellout” to say “includes xx,000 tickets distributed for free”. Doesn’t a sellout mean tickets sold?

It was a BS sellout announcement etc. Amateur hour from Rutgers. Both Upper decks were maybe half filled - if that.
Rutgers gave away thousands of tickets for game for the “sellout announcement “ to occur.
Yes.. donations to schools, youth sports programs, and organizations, etc.
Thousands of Tickets still not used. I think many people with a mild interest would attend but there is still a heavy cost to get there and buy food/water. Parking costs are astronomical $$$ for these folks to attend and not to mention the logistics issues of getting to and from the Parking lots. And the Concessions prices are insane and prevent people from having an enjoyable experience.
Maybe food vouchers and Parking discounts can be given along with the ticket donations. Might help getting people in the Stadium.

Reactions: NutsIsAlwaysWrong
As promised. Photos from towards the end of the first quarter. Student section, hell, the whole south end zone xwas packed to what looked like beyond capacity. North end zone, full but if you look closely a lot of empty seats. There was a whole section behind the bench that was empty and the east upper deck was severely lacking in fans.

STUDENTS SHOWED UP:

o6MVN5k.jpg

BzR8jdi.jpg

LOWER LEVEL FANS SORT OF SHOWED UP:

2GaArz5.jpg

R50uZ5P.jpg

EAST UPPER DECK FANS DID NOT SHOW UP

MaVVGDM.jpg

As promised. Photos from towards the end of the first quarter. Student section, hell, the whole south end zone xwas packed to what looked like beyond capacity. North end zone, full but if you look closely a lot of empty seats. There was a whole section behind the bench that was empty and the east upper deck was severely lacking in fans.

STUDENTS SHOWED UP:

o6MVN5k.jpg

BzR8jdi.jpg

LOWER LEVEL FANS SORT OF SHOWED UP:

2GaArz5.jpg

R50uZ5P.jpg

MaVVGDM.jpg
To be fair, maybe some people thought we had a stadium capacity of 65,000. If so, their estimates of 50k wouldn’t be wrong. 😀

Do we limit student tickets to only the south end zone? I could be wrong but I think these kids get tickets in other sections and then all cram into the south end zone. That doesn’t account for all of the empties, but I think it does for some. I also know (because it’s the culture of my section and has been for 20+ years) that friends and extras buy tickets anywhere in the stadium and then squeeze in by us. Again, I am not saying we had a full house but I think that’s why certain sections look so empty.

Do we limit student tickets to only the south end zone? I could be wrong but I think these kids get tickets in other sections and then all cram into the south end zone. That doesn’t account for all of the empties, but I think it does for some. I also know (because it’s the culture of my section and has been for 20+ years) that friends and extras buy tickets anywhere in the stadium and then squeeze in by us. Again, I am not saying we had a full house but I think that’s why certain sections look so empty.
Reasonable point for the lower level

As far as I know the student ticket are for the student section.
I do know, however, plenty of people that bought Tix & sat elsewhere. All that does is say there was plenty of room to sit anywhere in the stadium because while all Tix may have been sold, all Tix were certainly not used.

Reactions: sct1111
I do know, however, plenty of people that bought Tix & sat elsewhere. All that does is say there was plenty of room to sit anywhere in the stadium because while all Tix may have been sold, all Tix were certainly not used.
Can’t see how all tickets were “sold.” We may need to make the state equivalent of a Freedom of Information Act request.

Reactions: NutsIsAlwaysWrong
It doesn’t matter. The stadium won’t look or sound like that for the rest of the year.
I agree, Schiano and his players blew it by not making it competitive as droves flew for the exits after the last interception in the 3rd quarter. Those people are not coming back and these players will not play in an atmosphere like that the rest of the year. And I don't blame any of those fans for not coming back.

Reactions: bac2therac
The goal this year has to be to win just one home B1G game, that is really it for this program, anything else is just wishful thinking from a very frustrated fan base.

The goal this year has to be to win just one home B1G game, that is really it for this program, anything else is just wishful thinking from a very frustrated fan base.
0 for 20 isn't very fun for the home crowd. I used to look forward to going to home games. Now the gusto is gone, but I still go it's just become a tedious schlep.

I mean I've done this for a while now. Get cheap tickets and walk around to meet friends in different sections.

As promised. Photos from last night…

MaVVGDM.jpg
My friend and I did our part.

And early on the seats that are always empty around us had people.

“If you build it…”

I guess I'm getting old. Because a sell out back in my day meant something completely different than it does today.
Things are not what they seem, like people not
Sold to the secondary market. There were tickets available on StubHub etc.
So about 10,000 primary sale ticket buyers didn’t show then, because nearly all who took the effort to buy secondary would have showed. But I’m saying the people who didn’t show, didn’t pay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT