ADVERTISEMENT

‪MidKnight Madness is back‼️‬. Observations

Not really Midknight if it's at 7:30.[/t

Glad to have midnight madness back! Midnight madness used to be that you could not start practice until a certain day. Let's say in this case 9/29/17. That would mean the start of practice was that DAY, but midnight is the start of that day, so whoever started the tradition- was brilliant in bringing the fan base out at a midnight practice for publicity exposure. Brilliant! And I did attend a few dozen times when I couldn't sleep!

He was with the team today at their tailgate...

Hopes remain high for a quick resolution to his remaining eligibility concerns

[thumb2][thumb2] Yes ! if the Marvin Bagley (roughly 4 weeks) passage through the Eligibility Center can be any vague sort of suggestive benchmark (and it probably can't suggest much) - it does let us think the it is conceivable that positive word regarding Doucoure's status could arrive anytime from now on - no need for concern if it goes on a bit longer - patience is still the operative word - because each case can be unique - but it could reasonably be any time now.

Keeping hopes up that Mamadou Dourcoure hears good news this week - but patience is still the operative word

Also FYI - Friday September 29th is a bit ahead of the curve - from a calendar standpoint...
believe that the 'typical' date that this kind of festive event will be happening at many basketball schools will be closer to October 15th - imagine there will be a lot of "Freaky - Frenzy - Friday 13th - Midnight Madness" at various schools

So, while the NCAA Eligibility Center is inclined to portray themselves as some methodical metronome-like operation that simply proceeds through their tasks at at a steady pace - if they had any shred of a spike of a sense of urgency - it would probably be more linked the generic general time frame for the start of the official organized college basketball practice season.... meaning that if they had any inclination to say 'oh, let's push to wrap these up in time for the beginning of their practices' - (and I doubt that they really give it much thought) - the time frame that might come to mind would be that general mid October date - not the Rutgers MidKnight Madness on 9/29

For example - Big Blue Madness, the first open practice opportunity for UK’s 2017-18 men’s and women’s teams, is slated for Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.
most will be clustered around the October 15th date.

How does seating work for Friday? First come first serve?
Yes, those who arrive first can grab the best seats. It's mainly geared to the students, though. The biggest drawback (to a guy like me in his early 50s) is the annoying music blasted at unnecessary decibels during most of the night. I'll probably still go, but I may bring earplugs. Also... get off my lawn. [laughing]

DETAILS

MidKnight Madness is back! Come out and see the Rutgers Men's Basketball and Rutgers Women's Basketball teams kickoff the 2017-18 season. The event is free and open to the public!

Date: Friday, September 29, 2017
Doors Open: 6:30 PM
Event Begins: 7:30 PM

Events Include:
- Dunk Contest
- Scrimmage
- 3-Point Contest
- Dance Team Performance
- Band Performance

Fan activities include:
- Bounce Houses
- Face Painters
- X-Box/PS4 Systems
- Photobooths
- Merchandise shops
- Food Trucks
- Basketball hoop outside the RAC
- Scarlet Knight Meet and Greet
- Fan giveaway items
and more!

Students:
- Receive your official 2017-18 basketball student t-shirt
- 5 students will shoot halfcourt shots for 10K each!
- Raffle for sets of Beats on the Banks Tickets!
- Chance to win an Apple Watch and Beats Headphones!

Press Release: https://goo.gl/fqSS2z
Men's Roster: https://goo.gl/vcDnbq
Women's Roster: https://goo.gl/kobz2e
Bag Policy: https://goo.gl/qVSKG4

#MidKnightMadness

#MidKnightMadness is just 3 days away.

Time to announce the next two competition contestants❗️

Dunk: Deshawn Freeman
&
3-Point: Jake Dadika

@BKIn118 , any consideration to bringing back the tip-off dinner?
Not at this time, no...

This sort of thing just has to wait until we win something, at least as far as the CC goes. Those dinners and banquets are tremendous for those who attend, but a trainwreck financially.

In order to do something like that again, we'd have to be virtually assured of a high number of attendees...Tough to make that happen right now...Even with the positive momentum

Looking forward to tonight.Picking up my son at the train station in Edison,and then off to the RAC with my wife also. Very excited about this season.

Reactions: higgins3
I like how Pikiell is showcasing some kids who don't always see a lot of time, or will sit out the year.

PiscatawayMike, I fully understand your points on the high noise level and I am much much older than you. I am looking forward to tonight.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Going with wife tonight and she loves the loud music (me not so much) and hoping we see plenty of RU BB fans joining us!!!

Please stop by the Court Club table in the lobby for a chance to win a official Rutgers game basketball autographed by RU legend and 2017 RU Athletics HOF Inductee Quincy Douby!

Free to enter, and select entrants will walk away with a free Court Club t shirt!

Sanders won last year, let's expand what players we have beyond that for the fans etc...we all know Sanders can leap/dunk....

Reactions: Underdogs88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT