ADVERTISEMENT

#14 RU vs #17 Iowa Game Thread 1/23/19

Watching the game from the box score it’s like 1 on 5 ... is the Iowa player the national player of the year?

RU down 53-48 after the 3rd ... still in it despite supergirl from Iowa and the refs ... only watching the box score ... is Iowa good, or is it just one great player having a great game?

end of 3, RU trails 53-48. Iowa getting way too many easy layups, RU struggling w their outside shooting. Gustafson w 26 points all on 1 foot layups, she has very soft hands, good footwork, and Iowa knows how to feed her down low.

RU down 53-48 after the 3rd ... still in it despite supergirl from Iowa and the refs ... only watching the box score ... is Iowa good, or is it just one great player having a great game?
Iowa is good because of Gustafson. She is having her normal game and they have one other player in double figures who is a decent player.

Ugh ... 56-48 ... team not going to pull it out ... looks like RU is playing hard, just a tough ask to beat Iowa on the road

I’m listening on WRSU and am having a really hard time following the action. Maybe I’m just not as familiar with this team as I have been in past years?

6:30 left in the game and RU just cannot stop Gustafson from getting 1 foot layups. She has 30 points on 14-17 shooting close up layups. 60-54 Iowa leads.

I’m listening on WRSU and am having a really hard time following the action. Maybe I’m just not as familiar with this team as I have been in past years?
WRSU coverage was a tough listen. Switched to Iowa Hawkeye Nation.... Iowa homers, but a professional broadcast.

Reactions: suzebe
How are the guards for Iowa? Any way to attack them and prevent getting the ball to Super G?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT