ADVERTISEMENT

2 Point Conversion

rudad02

All American
Nov 7, 2010
Why didn't Schiano go for a 2 pt conversion? If made it would have made it 24-14, a TD & Fieldgoal away from a tie.

Reactions: NiTeKnight
Why didn't Schiano go for a 2 pt conversion? If made it would have made it 24-14, a TD & Fieldgoal away from a tie.
I wondered the same thing. While they could have gone for 2 on the next TD, by going for it on the first one, it allows the team to know if they need 2 TDs or not to win (if the 2 point attempt fails). But maybe it’s more of a mind game. If you do go for 2 and fail, maybe the team gives up knowing it’s unlikely to score 2 more TDs??????

Put Patel back on the bus to South Brunswick
Maybe you're intending sarcasm, but if not, I don't know how you can blame the guy for missing one much where the snap and hold were totally botched. It didn't cost RU the game either. Let's support our guys, even if they make a physical mistake every now and then.

If you kick the xp, it's an 11 point game, you need a td + a fg. If you go for 2 and miss, you need 2 tds.

I thought kicking the xp was the correct strategy.
Is my math a bit fu&ked up? A TD & field goal is ten pts I believe not eleven.

Is my math a bit fu&ked up? A TD & field goal is ten pts I believe not eleven.

A touchdown with a 2 point conversion would tie.

Yes, you will need the 2 point conversion at some point but there is no advantage to risking stalling your momentum to attempt it earlier if you fail.

Reactions: RUmaz
A touchdown with a 2 point conversion would tie.

Yes, you will need the 2 point conversion at some point but there is no advantage to risking stalling your momentum to attempt it earlier if you fail.
See your point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT