ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2024 four star C Lathan Sommerville commits to Rutgers!

Is Pike good?
Good coach but not very good at recruiting. Remember those silly threads. Good times…
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

LFG!

We've got 3 pieces out of Ace's Fab 5. I'm sure Ace, Dellquan and Lathan will be working on Dylan and Betsey for the next few months. I'm pretty confident in Dylan but still think that we need to pry Betsey from Duke or UConn.

Obviously, there are a ton of things to like. But one thing that the team has been missing, with the possible exception of RHJ, over the past few years is someone with the ability to consistently finish through contact. That’s why we see those statistics on missing layups pop up over and over and over again. I know these were only highlights, but I get the feeling he might be the guy who can do this. Put this ability on top of that mid post game and his defensive skills and he might be the perfect complement for this incredible class — and that number 92 ranking may not even do justice to his real importance to this team.

Reactions: motel00
I like the Trevion Williams comp, although he was interviewed on one of the BTN segments and played in HS at over 300 lbs

Sommerville is much more likely to hit the ground running as an impact player for RU in November 2024.

Reactions: Scangg
Ranking mean nothing now since 14 of the top 20 guys haven’t even committed yet. If we don’t get harper it’ll still be a good class but more like 15ish I would think.

Welcome!

Good story by Carino. Sommerville's father played pro ball with T.J. Thompson and stayed in touch...
https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...UZl65af4pBJTIYAdiZhmc9y2gwcPdZGKOoxQlKjjHpBKo
"Their wives became good friends, too, and after their hardwood careers diverged, they stayed in touch."
Mrs. TJ Thompson!!!
https://www.instagram.com/ilimalt/?hl=en

Reactions: Scangg
It’s going to be a real shame when the “I’m a year away from not following cbb because of NIL” crew misses the programs best recruiting class ever.
Like many others, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that NIL doesn’t blow up our recruiting success. Looks good right now but there’s some crazy shit going on.

Reactions: Knight Ed
Hahaha. And who notices that our look at me, low floor, lower ceiling poster is nowhere to be found when Pike and staff are crushing it? Biggest fake R fan around and a SHU loving punk.
Suspiciously absent along with other Pike haters

How can you possibly justify the low ceiling argument when we are recruiting at this level?

Obviously, there are a ton of things to like. But one thing that the team has been missing, with the possible exception of RHJ, over the past few years is someone with the ability to consistently finish through contact. That’s why we see those statistics on missing layups pop up over and over and over again. I know these were only highlights, but I get the feeling he might be the guy who can do this. Put this ability on top of that mid post game and his defensive skills and he might be the perfect complement for this incredible class — and that number 92 ranking may not even do justice to his real importance to this team.
Yes, Ron could certainly finish through contact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT