ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast 2025 DT Jyon Simon commits + Portal Updates for Hoops/Football!

I guess we weren't able to beat Fran on this one. Lol

Incredible offer list. I have to say I feel much better about keeping FL kids who commit after the success last year - both on the field and with getting FL kids to sign.

I guess we weren't able to beat Fran on this one. Lol

Incredible offer list. I have to say I feel much better about keeping FL kids who commit after the success last year - both on the field and with getting FL kids to sign.
I wonder, do offer lists mean the same thing as they used to? Now it’s about how much money you’re putting on the table. Maybe it’s easy to offer a kid with not a lot of money and it doesn’t really mean anything.

Reactions: Plum Street
Verbals mean even less now than they used to before NIL - and they didn't mean all that much then. So, while I'm happy to see the verbal, I'll wait to see who signs before getting too excited.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
the vast majority of our verbals have enrolled. maybe that will change, but the track record is good.
Agreed. We lost what? 1 verbal last year? And people figured Duff and I think White(?) were definitely going to flip but never did.
Times have changed. We have some success to point to now. It's much harder to steal from us.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Verbals mean even less now than they used to before NIL - and they didn't mean all that much then. So, while I'm happy to see the verbal, I'll wait to see who signs before getting too excited.
Agreed. Anticipate increased buying/flipping of recruits with NIL offers up through the LOI signing date. It's out of control and basically unregulated.

Reactions: RU848789
I wonder if he dissed USC because they gave him a soft offer while RU gave him a committable offer.

My understanding is that Schiano tells guys not to verbal if they just want to use us as a placeholder. They better be pretty sure. Now that's not to say someone doesn't come along with a bag. But for now, I'll take the verbal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT