ADVERTISEMENT

(25)Rutgers vs Penn State 2/28/21 game thread

Rutgers has won two straight road games with poor shooting from Giurantes.Johnson scoring was impacted with Penn State player stepping on he right foot.in the first half.Gilles and Mack made critical 3 pointers at crunch time.

CVS quote in recap sums it up: "It was another gutsy win because we weren't playing our best," said head coach C. Vivian Stringer. "Credit to Penn State, who was prepared and ran it down our throats. We had to stave them off. We didn't have the performances that we would like on a consistent basis. We appreciate the composure we had to pull this one off."

Let's put some ice on Diamond's ankle and rest her up. Nice to have Mael see the ball go in the basket, hitting many clutch shots. Tekia with 6 assists to just 1 turnovers. Arella has had two straight games where she's had big buckets AND big assists in the 4th quarter.

Like only having 10 turnovers, no matter the opponent. Penn STate is not good but they also just beat Ohio State so they were feeling themselves.

Let's get people rested and slam the door in home game. As CVS said:

"When Penn State comes to our place, believe me, I know that we did not play well," Stringer said. "I'm hoping that Penn State thinks that we played well. We'll see."

Reactions: MADHAT1
CVS quote in recap sums it up: "It was another gutsy win because we weren't playing our best," said head coach C. Vivian Stringer. "Credit to Penn State, who was prepared and ran it down our throats. We had to stave them off. We didn't have the performances that we would like on a consistent basis. We appreciate the composure we had to pull this one off."

Let's put some ice on Diamond's ankle and rest her up. Nice to have Mael see the ball go in the basket, hitting many clutch shots. Tekia with 6 assists to just 1 turnovers. Arella has had two straight games where she's had big buckets AND big assists in the 4th quarter.

Like only having 10 turnovers, no matter the opponent. Penn STate is not good but they also just beat Ohio State so they were feeling themselves.

Let's get people rested and slam the door in home game. As CVS said:

"When Penn State comes to our place, believe me, I know that we did not play well," Stringer said. "I'm hoping that Penn State thinks that we played well. We'll see."
Why is there absolutely no update on Zippy she has been out for 3 months now!!!

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Last week they said during one of the broadcasts they were hoping Zippy could be cleared to run (I believe this week).

Reactions: TRU2RU
Take Singleton out can't shoot no hands
Martini is 0-6 from 3. Stop shooting. We are getting our butts kicked because PSU wants it more. Looks like we blow another to a dreaded rival. No pride!
None of them can throw the ball in the ocean and are turnover machines
I disappeared because I could not watch that uninspired play. I am a fan and season ticket holder for women for many years. I turned on a murder movie In Cold Blood which was more entertaining than their uninspired play. Just got the ESPN alert they won so I responded. I guess one is not allowed to be critical and objective. I expect excellent play and have the right when it is far less to not watch.
You're a fan, and season ticket holder?
I have watched sports my friend for over 75 years and I guess I am not entitled on the women’s board to be critical if they don’t meet up to my standards. So I shall root for them as I always do and get pissed st them when they are laying a brick missing bunny after bunny. It is probably better if I don’t post and sign off. See ya.
So, you are around 85 years old?

The negative comments in the game thread are par for the course for multiple posters in the men's game threads when we are not playing well. Take it with a grain of salt.

We played a lousy 3Q yesterday but did enough good things in the other three quarters to secure a road win. PSU just beat a strong Ohio State team at their place. Now let's play a more complete game at home to not give PSU a chance at all in the return matchup. I did a quick search and saw no update on Cash's status. I hope she is not injured but if she is less than 100%, that is a big deal for PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT